No announcement yet.

anyone take ampyra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOVE Ampyra & would hate to be without it.

I began taking it just a few months after it was approved. I've forgotten how long ago that was. I notice I started feeling better & being able to move my toes a little about 1 hour after taking the first dose. Then I just felt & walked better from there.

I was totally expecting it to not work at all for me so I'm sure it wasn't a placebo effect.

I have PPMS so, of course, I've had quite a bit of progression since I started but I don't want to even think about stopping.

Good luck. I hope you will be lucky enough to have similar results to mine.

Comment

I take compounded 4-aminopyridine (4-ap)......same drug that has been around for decades. Ampyra was formulated for slow release and priced anywhere from 10-30 times the cost of 4-ap. I've been taking the compounded drug for 5yrs and it still helps. It infuriates me that drug companies get away with inflating prices esp for drugs they did nothing to "create"
      ps. still has seizure sideffect

Comment

Been on it since it was available

I thought it wasn't helping, but since it had no side effects and I'm getting financial assistance with the copay, I stayed on it. Then I ran out, as I was waiting for my COBRA to get sorted out. Ten days without--that's when I found out it was helping. It wasn't night and day, but it did make a very noticeable difference to go without.

Comment

There's an Ampyra sticky now! Scroll up a little and you'll see it As for me...

...you can read about it on the sticky. I've only been on it for 2 weeks now and am posting as I go along. Still have another 2 - 4 weeks for it to get into my system good, but am hopeful!

Try and get Ampyra comments to the sticky because now they are all over the place and can be a handful to search for and find. Let people know there's a place for it now and people can more easily address questions and concerns!

~Jenna
          RIP Jenna's Beloved Momma
          Best MS Support System Ever
          7/42 - 12/12

Comment

Working...
          X