Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bone Pain?

Hi all,

Has anyone experienced bone pain with Ty? I am not sure it is from Ty, but the last two times I had to miss an infusion, I started with bone pain in legs and arms, worse in shins and forearms.

Of course I missed infusions due to respiratory infections and was given 60mg of prednisome to start with long taper. So not sure i
    Ty cause, steroids, MS, combo, or something else.

Has anyone experienced bone pain while on Tysabri? If so, was it intermittent or constant? What helps?
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

I had Joint Pain with Copaxone and it is also a side effect of TY.

The pain is continuous....and it only got worse. I was taken off Copaxone because of it. There was no remedy for the side effect.

If you are on a Statin...that can also cause it.

Hope it's not the TY....
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks Katie. I am not on any stations. It may be the Ty, my husband reminded me that I would sometimes get it the week before my infusion, just not as strong. Not ready to give up on Ty! For now, I will take the infections and bone pain for no MS progression!
      Kathy

Comment

while taking TY, I too had pain in my forearms, but I did not even think that it could be a side effect of TY. Knowing what I do now, I would have gladly traded the pain for no progression!
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Thanks Hunter for letting me know I am not alone with it. Sorry to hear about the progression, we just never know.
          Kathy

Comment

Working...
          X