Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaction to first ty infusion

Hi,

Figured i'd share my first infusion tale...

infusion wasn't bad, headache, was nauseous, yet than went home exhausted fell asleep, woke up throat was closing.

So, took some benadryl didnt' work, headed to er, where they put me on a line of benadryl, steriods and some other med to calm the reaction.

Er dr kept saying dont' take that med again, yea we'll see...

was def an interesting day!
    Jen Dx'd 5/11
    "Live each day as if it were your last"

Sorry...that stinks.

They give me IV Benedryl for 30 minutes prior to the infusion due to my past history. So far no problems.

Sorry your experience was so bad.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

yea they did that for me as well, and even stopped drip at one point, and gave me more fluids..i just always have bad reactions to meds.

tonight it's between being exhausted and so hyper i can't stay still lol, stomach cramps, some nauseousness, and alot of leg spasms that i wasn't getting anymore.

i'm hoping tmrw brings a calmer day?? maybe maybe
      Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

I just wanted to add for anyone new to tysabri or thinking about starting this is not a normal reaction. i react this way even during surgeries (throat closing up) due to anesthesia.

I will say this, i have more energy already. yet the days been filled with stomach cramps, really bad heartburn, but more energy!
        Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

Working...
        X