Weight Loss and Loss of Appetite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Loss and Loss of Appetite

I have been on Aubagio for almost 2 years. Aside from the common hair loss, I have been doing well (I thought) on it. But since starting Aubagio I have lost over 35 pounds, unintentionally, and though I look better any further weight loss will be a problem.

Has anyone else had a loss of appetite and serious weight loss on Aubagio. I called MS One to One and the nurse there was useless. She offered to report it as a possible side effect.

I wouldn't worry so much but I had breast cancer and don't want to blame everything that is wrong with me, and it usually quite a lot, on MS and miss something important.

I am seeing my GP in a month because when I mentioned the weight loss to my neuro he told me to "see your GP' then put anorexia on my chart.

I know no one can tell me if it is OK or not but if there have been others with weight loss I might not worry so much until my GP appointment.

Yes. I have only been on it since August but it has effected my appetite. I believe GI issues are documented with Aubagio. I also have lost weight. It seems to be increasing my metabolism. My neuro is not concerned about my weight but my primary doctor mentioned it. Right now, it is stable but still low.

Comment

I started Aubagio this summer, June?, approximately 6 months ago. Was on Ty before Aubagio.

GI problems started in the first or second month. This month an *alarming* amount of hair loss.

In the past several weeks I've noticed a bit of unexplained nausia, unpleasant, but not the worst thing ever, so I dismissed it.

A couple of recent bouts of nausia that stayed around for several hours, but for the most part it seems to come and go, like mild swells in my tummy through out the day, or none at all on some days. It's not a chronic problem. I guess I'll wait and see before I decide it's something to be concerned about. No weight loss though.

The MS medication nurses are usually a waste of time based on my experience. But even my neuro didn't report a pretty significient side affect when I was on Copaxone, just changed my med. The adverse reaction was atypical, but one that other's have experienced, with very similar nurse and neuro results.

One of my early MS sx's included loss of appetite and weight loss. I tend to thin, so 15lbs and I can start looking unhealthy. (These days I dream of sheeding 15lbs.)

Figuring out what is a new MS sx, a med side effect, or something else, I just hate that routine.

I hope you figure this out, and that it resolves soon.

Comment

Aubagio CAN cause weight loss

I am very relieved because I finally saw my GP and all the tests he ran were normal. He called my neuro because he isn't familiar with Aubagio and was told that Aubagio can, indeed, cause a loss of appetite and weight loss.

I had convinced myself that there was something seriously wrong with me and after being reassured I realized that THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH ME. It is MS. I know all my difficulties won't be MS related but I think I am finally coming to grips with the reality of MS (after 2 years, now).

Comment

Working...
        X