Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about IVSM

Hi everyone!

I had a question about IVSM. Last week I had 3 rounds of IVSM as an outpatient. I have been experiencing tingling/buzzing in both legs, weakness in the right leg and foot as well as weakness and tingling in my right arm and hand, which has caused me to drop just about everything I touch lately!! On day 3 of infusion, I felt relief finally. However, the relief was only for 1 day and most of the symptoms came back by the next day. I have only had IVSM one other time (July 2013) and it worked pretty good, but my symptoms were pretty severe at the time so anything would have felt good at that point. My question is, does it take a week or 2 to really start working or is it possible the infusion didn't work? Not sure if this matters, but I am also currently on 40 mg of Prednisone daily and have been for about 6 weeks. Being weaned off in the next week or so I hope! Thanks for any advice you may have!
    RRMS: Diagnosed July 2013
    Assistive Device: cane.
    Meds: Copaxone, Ampyra, Vitamin D

Hi cleobear,

Originally posted by cleobear72 View Post
    My question is, does it take a week or 2 to really start working or is it possible the infusion didn't work?
    It can take time, for some, to notice if IVSM is helping. It is also possible that you might not notice any help from the IVSM.

Not sure if this matters, but I am also currently on 40 mg of Prednisone daily and have been for about 6 weeks.
    Unfortunately, the more steroids are used the less effective they become, this would pertain to oral steroids as well as IVSM.

Steroids are usually not prescribed for sensory symptoms ( tingling, vibrations/buzzing, ect).
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X