Missed Vein on Tysabri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed Vein on Tysabri

Yesterday was my 2nd infusion of Tysabri and did very well on the first infusion. However, yesterday my infusion nurse apparently missed my vein. Probably half way through the dose my arm started to swell. The infusion pump btw did not beep. The site was sore to the touch for about 20 minutes however it feels and looks fine today. After we realized what was happening she changed the iv site to my hand and everything was fine. My question is ... if the first half of the infusion was not injected through my vein is the dose effective? The nurse said the Tysabri would absorb into my body and everything would be fine.

The nurse was correct , your body will absorb the dose. So no need to give you extra meds. Be sure to put a warm compress on that arm as those infiltrates can be nasty.

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Thank you - Happy Holidays

Comment

I've had around 100 infusions and have never heard of a nurse missing the vein I have been in a hospital setting in Pueblo, CO and Mesa, AZ; Dr's office Co Springs, CO and an outpatient infusion clinic Aurora, CO. and I have been known as a difficult stick.

I would not be a happy camper if it happened to me !
        Linda

Comment

Working...
        X