Tysabri & body hair thinning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri & body hair thinning

I have been on Tysabri for 10 months now. I have been manscaping "down there" for about 2 years now. I have found this helps increase my sensitivity down there and helps me finish more often.

Anyhow, I have noticed the the hair on my legs over the past few months was starting to wear thin in areas that normally have hair. I just shaved my legs to even everything out but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Does this reverse itself? Should this be mentioned to my doctor? I love the effects I am getting from Tysabri and don't want to switch. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Body hair thins with age. Not sure how old you are.

Also, as you probably know, men often have patchy hair on their legs from longterm rubbing by clothes. Have you changed what you wear (or the fit)?

I haven't noticed any changes to my hair with 2 years+ on Tysabri. Actually, my hair (on my head, at least) has gotten fuller and stronger and grows faster than during my 5 years on Avonex.

Comment

I'm a 43 year old male....dx in '94. Thanks for the reply. I know about how the hair on my legs rubs off in areas when I shift to jeans in the winter. This started 3 months ago, still wearing my shorts. I overheat very easily. The hair just started disappearing in multiple areas where there was nothing to wear it off. My wife actually asked me if I had shaved my legs about 1 month into this. I told her no but it got me noticing this more.

I've been doing some research and have found that people have had their hair change from grey to their natural color (& vise-versa), get thicker / grow in places that they have had very much hair to start with as well as start falling out in patches. This is a very interesting phenomenon.

We will see what happens as well as discuss this with my Neuro. Feel good....

Comment

Working...
      X