New Here To

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here To

hey there i have had ms since age 14 and i am 55 now. as to neuro doctors i changed from one to another as my last neruo doc was not too hot in my opionion ( the only med i have had with ms was in 98 when my neuro doc then gave me 120 mgs of predison ( not sure of its spelling) lasted about 10 days .. yes it did help) was going thru extreme weakeness blurry vision.difficulty swallowing.
    more probley but i can`t remember. but the one neuro doc in 2011 i had wanted me to start meds befor he would give me an mri of my brain and spine as i had not had one since 2003 . i was not too thrilled about that. so said i would think about it. he was very rough in telling me if i didnt say yes he would not do the mri`s so i said yes.. so after the mri was done he said he was not able to make out what the lesions i had on my brain were all about.. so he wanted to do a lumbar puncture i said i had one of those down in 1998 when the first neuro i had said it was ms and the lumbar puncture came out abnormal.. so this other neuro doc in 2011 starts to do it and had to try 4 times to get into my spinal cord.. by the 4th try i was hurting and i said stop.. no more then he says i want to do this again in the hospital with an exray to see where i am going . ( hello NO!. that was the last time i saw him.. he didnt care that i was in pain and in pain i was for the next 4 days . that bonehead could have paralized me and he didn`t care

since then i have gotten a better neuro doc and now just waiting on the results of my mri`s the brain/ thoric / middle spine and lower spine. hope to have them soon he is comparing them to the ones i had done in 2011

so just wanted to say not all neuro doctors know what they think they do.. in my opionin..i was also told back in 1998 i had a rare form of the ms.. my symtoms seem to go in a circle over the years..right now dealing with vision trouble
    raised letters when i try to read. typical ms thing.least for me. but its one day at a time.and laugh at things you do like dropping things. bumping into walls. words that do not come out the way you want them too. enjoy life as you can. some days are good some are not so good.

I am truly sorry for your past experiences. Isn't a drag that all of the docs don't 'get it'. They will get it when they see fewer of us in their office. Good luck to you.

Comment

Hello and Welcome Ladybear!
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
      X