Baclofen Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen pump question...help

I am looking into getting a baclofen pump but my MS doc said it doesn't work for anything above the waist so no point. I have straight leg rigidity and up to above my waist...and then tight muscles in my arms and hands for the past three months too. Can no longer roll over in bed because I can't bend my knees even manually anymore.

Anyway, did anyone notice loss of stiffness above the waist? Or ability to open and close stiff fingers, etc.? I appreciate all the info. on this thread! You folks were brave to get the surgery...it scares me to death, but if I take enough Baclofen to ease the rigidity the weakness is too much for standing during transfers and I'm too sleepy to function. I didn't mean to hijack this thread but didn't know if it was the right thing to do to open a whole new thread...
    Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

Baclofen pump trial

Hi all, I'm going for my trial on 7/21/10 I'm up to 140mg a day of oral & thats not cutting it! It has gotten so bad that I've had to get a scoliosis brace due to my hip flexor pulling my ribs into my pelvis ouch!. I'm on day 3 of ween down on Baclofen 30mg for the whole day, tomorrow just 20! I'm feeling better about this after reading all your positive posts. I'll let you know how it goes.
      Thanks for listining!

Comment

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]hi everyone , and welcome to our 'newbies'!!!!! the hospital i get my mri done at has a team of people to deal with pumps. check with the hospital if your dr doesn`t know. a trip to the dr after the mri may not be nesessary. i had one mri done that completely stopped the pump and it wouldn`t restart. a quick call to minimed (maker of the pump) solved everything.

dave
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
        X