Newly Diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly Diagnosed

I have spent the last six years of worrying whether or not I have MS with just several small lesions and some balance issues. I have been most recently feeling just terrible. Well, I was diagnosed and I was hospitalized the same day for a severe exacerbation. I have been home for two days. Where do I go from here?
    Living Simply in Small Town America

Hi and welcome. Sorry you have to be here but glad you found our group.

I was fortunate in that I was able to slap a patch on one of my wobbling eyes and get back to work. I made a point to continue to lead my life at break neck speed because I was concerned about what the future might hold.

Good news is that so far, knock wood, I'm largely unchanged. Still working and thankfully I haven't needed the eye patch in 8 years.

I hope MS is kind to you and you can just pick up where you left off.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Firelight --

Wondering and worrying the last 6 years about whether you have MS or not, I'm sure, has taken such an emotional toll.

I'm sorry that your fears were confirmed, but at least you now know for sure and can decide where to go from here.

Perhaps someone already spoke to you about options while you were in the hospital. But with the exacerbation and being pricked and probed, I'm sure a lot of what was discussed may seem like a blurr.

I imagine making an appointment with a neurologist about where you are at with your MS is a first step and of course, talking about options available.

All the best,
      Bree

Comment

Hello and Welcome Firelight!

Your local MS Society chapter would be a great place to start. Do you have a neurologist? Have you been prescribed any medication? What is your current status?

I guess a starting place for you will be in the "acceptance" of your diagnosis. Even though you thought about it, knowing it to be the case can bring about a lot of emotions and stress.

Being here on this site is a very good place to be. Knowledge is power. The more you know about MS, the more in control you will be. I suggest you read through the forums. There's tons of information on different aspects of MS.

We're here for info, support, caring and sharing. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. We're here for you!!!
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

I get it....

I have been on the same path for the last 6 years! Just a couple of months ago I had more MRIs done and well, I could no longer deny it....I have MS. I came home that day, sat down and had a good long cry. Then, after all of that, I decided that I was too strong of a person to let this destroy my spirit. Educate yourself as much as you can about MS...and find a good doctor! Good luck to you! Well wishes your way!!

Comment

Working...
          X