• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm.. about me huh....

About me,

Male
    36 years old in May
    Minneapolis, MN
    Married, 5 yr old girl, dog and home owner.

Diagnoses: Multiple Sclerosis Relapsing/Remitting and CMT (Charcott Marie Tooth) CMT causes damage to the nerves in your limbs.

Symptoms:
    MS - Fatigue, short term memory issues (walking into a room and do not remember why) feeling like having a Hang over, Depression.
    CMT - I was diagnosed with this shortly after learning I had MS. My mother and sister have this and I have a very low symptoms. Tingling on my right forearm to my fingers. Sometimes I drop things, but still think I am holding something.

Why Did I decide to visit MSWorld? I left work today and was out all last week. I felt sick with pain near my ear,teeth and sinuses. I slept for almost 4 days straight. (I got up for an hour to three hours about three times a day.) I started to feel better on Friday, but by Saturday I got an awful cough and have been feeling like I have had a Hangover since with today being the worst.

I hope to learn about being sick and what MS symptoms do with each other. I feel like I would normally be able to push though being sick and going to work, but I have been unable to. I am afraid that I will be out for a long period of time... again.

Last year around this time I started getting severe fatigue and started missing work here and there. Come July I ended taking a leave of absence in order to deal with the fatigue and what I learned was depression. I felt so useless with missing so much work and not attending some family outings.

This got a lot better by Labor Day and I went back to work. With the new sense of understanding my MS, work and life has gone pretty well since then. I have some fatigue but found that distracting myself with projects helped a lot. I stopped watching TV and Playing video games, and started keeping busy.

Well now I am sick and missed work, feeling like I did a year ago. Last year I would have bet I was going on Disability then I felt better. I am starting to wonder about what will happen now.

My feeling of having a hang over I found today was a symptom of MS. I have had issues with pain with my sinuses but according to Dr.s it is not severe. I have been dealing with this for many years now and wonder if this pain will now be my first MS pain. I have been fortunate not to have any pain and am praying that this is not what I will have to deal with forever!
    MS World asked me to tell you about myself so, there ya go.

You have explained yourself well. Welcome to the boards.
    I will tell you that you should press your doctor for a blood test for vitamin D, B-12 and magnesium levels. You may find that these are 'low'. And don't believe the doctor if he/she says your vitamin D looks OK. Ask for the numbers. They should be between 50ng/mL and 80ng/mL. Good luck

Comment

Hi fellow Minnesotan! I'm new to this board too. I was diagnosed with MS 24 yrs ago. Doing ok with it but lately walking and mobility in general is getting harder.

Sounds like it's time for you to check in with your neuro. He/she would be able to confirm exactly what is happening to you.

Take care and check back in with us.
      Karen

Comment

Welcome Nate!

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble. As you know, the devastating fatigue, "hangover" feeling, depression, etc. are pretty rough. But pain...that's always been a tough one for me.

MS pain is crazy--it comes and goes whenever it feels like it, and shows up wherever! Big doses of Neurontin worked wonders for me for the first couple of years (I don't know what I would have done without it), but this past year I'm trying to focus on lower doses and dietary changes. We'll see!

One constant is that if I over-do it one day, the pain is crazy the following day. Also, I've learned to not underestimate the importance of rest. This is definitely a new normal!

I'm near St. Paul, and I think some of our depression is directly related to hearing a forecast for SNOW on April 8! Feel free to email if you need a local connection.

Take care!

Comment

Working...
        X