Generic Copaxone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic Copaxone

Has anyone tried generic copaxone? Is it even available?

I'm pretty sure my neuro said he expects them to be on the market early next year.
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

1x per Week Copaxone

Has anyone heard anything about 1x /week Copaxone? I was at a SS seminar last week and it was mentioned but the Dr. doing the talk kind of ignored the question.

Comment

No generic copaxone

I'm on Medicare and have supplementary health insurance. Medicare is really dumb. They sent me a note that they wouldn't cover Copaxone but would send me a three month supply to give me time to talk to my neuro about a generic!!! Dumb. There is no generic; wouldn't you think they would know that???

Anyway, my pharmacy (ACS) and my doctor got it straightened out. Heck, Medicare pays a pittance of the cost of C anyway. It's my supplementary insurance that pays the bulk of it.

There is talk of a generic C coming out, but I don't think it will be any too soon, if at all. It was very expensive to develop Copaxone. I think TEVA is in Isreal and it was developed there.

Diane
        You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Don't know how true it is but I heard that the patent(?) was up on Copaxone next year which would clear the way for a generic.

Comment

It's my underdstanding that

the patent expired last May. I don't think, however, the FDA has approved any generic form of Copaxone as of yet. Not sure what drug company is trying to produce the generic.

Comment

Copaxone Patent

Well, I just saw an article from Reuters stating TEVA was optimistic that they will keep their patent here in the US. Article also said patent is due to expire in September 2015.

I recall other articles regarding their court battles and thought they had lost their patent.

Comment

I saw neuro last week and he said there was talk about it happening but it would be in the 20 mg dosage to start and would I be okay to try it. I say it's still a coin toss.

Comment

Generic Copaxone

Hi Mom 2 4 cats Can we assume that the 20 will be 7x per week in the generic?

Comment

Yes. it would be 7X a week. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                    X