Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What symptoms do thoracic lesions cause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was diagnosed in April of 2011 and have only had spine lesions. I have had 3 brain MRIs with no lesions. My symptoms are weakness, balance problems, dizziness, vision issues, cognitive issues, fatigue, pain, headaches.. to name a few.

My arms and legs are weak and heavy. I have trouble walking far without resting. If I stand up for too long my back hurts. I am always dizzy and the floor feels like it is moving up and down... kind of like I'm on a boat. I joke with my kids that I would make a bad pirate because I seem to get pretty seasick

I did have a positive LP. My spine lesions are in my cervical and upper thoracic spine only. The lesions are at C3, C4-C5, C6, T1-T2. My neurologist did not seem concerned that my brain scan did not show lesions.

The longest I have been in the MRI tube was for the brain, C-spine, and the T-spine and it took around 1 1/2 hours. And earlier that day I had the spinal tap done! That's when I got diagnosed!! Luckily I was admitted in the hospital at the time. Not a fun day

Hope that helped!

I had another MRI today of my brain and C-spine to see if there are any changes so I will let you know if my brain has any lesions when I get the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Whimpurr View Post
      I have only had MRIs of the head and cervical spine done so far. When I requested one of my thoracic spine, my "neuro NP" said that they didn't like to do them because you had to stay in the tube for a long time. I am just wondering if there are specific symptoms that occur mainly from lesions on the thoracic spine.

Thanks for any information on this!
      I had a Tspine MRI done a few months ago....it didn't take any longer than any other MRI. Actually, I don't think it even took as long as the MRI's I've had done on my brain.

Comment

THank you all very much for sharing your personal experience with the location on of your lesions vs symtoms. If I ever manage to get an appt with the MS clinic, I am going to insist we look further down the spine!
        MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

Working...
        X