Trileptal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trileptal

My neuro rx trileptal to assist with my leg pain. As it turns out he has another MS patient with severe leg pain and not much seems to help. He said this med has really helped them out.

Is there anyone else out there that has or is taking this med? It seems to be helping, to an extint, with my leg pain. But, the side effects are bothering me. The side effect that bothers me the most is the tiredness. I cannot seem to get out of my own way. LOL! My wife keeps telling me to take half a pill or call my neuro. I have only been taking it since last Thusday so I really want to give it every chance possible. I have a follow up with my neuro a week from Thursday. Not real sure what to do.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Hi Waydwnsouth1,

Since no one else has responded I thought I would share my experience.

I took Trileptal a few years ago to try and treat pain that may or may not have been related to MS. I used it for a grand total of 3 or 4 weeks. I thought it was taking the edge of the pain but if it was, it was minimal.

The reason I was on Trileptal for such a short amount of time --- I became suicidal. It's an odd feeling when you do not have or feel depressed but have thoughts of suicide.

The suicidal thoughts were due to Trileptal. Please know not everyone, yourself included, will have this experience. The FDA did put out warnings suicidal thoughts and other serious side effects in 2009.

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/S.../ucm154889.htm
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X