Here goes nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here goes nothing

My Neuros office called yesterday and we got the green light to start Tysabri. Of course I still I have to be tested for the JC virus and so forth but to be honest I more than a bit apprehensive. For some reason this drug scares me. But I have heard nothing but good things about it. I don't know what it is that scares me it just does.
    I have an appointment with him Monday and we will talk about it in detail. So perhaps he will put me more at ease I sure hope so. I need something that will work because my MS is steadily progressing.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

years ago when I was still trying different DMD to see what would it help me, the choice wasTY or nothing. That is just after it came back on the market and there really were not very many good stories. To say I was a bit apprehensive would be a huge understatement, but everything turned out well and it was actually helping out ( unfortunately I built up antibodies to it and had to quit). I am sure that there is nothing to worry about.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Waydwnsouth1,
      in July 2006 my MRI was lit up like a Christmas tree and full of lesions and I was progressing . I started Tysabri 9/2006...7 months later I had more energy, stamina, balance and my MRI no new or active lesions and then following MRIs the lesions I had had were either smaller or GONE

I am blessed that I was given the chance to start Ty back then and wish it could've been 2 years earlier-I would be able to dance like I want and go for long walks as Tysabri halted my progression from the moment I started it

I was dx'd in 1988.

I hope you do at least as well as I have !!!
      Linda

Comment

Working...
      X