No announcement yet.

A Good Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going on the 3rd month. I just realized yesterday that it is so freeing to take a pill rather than inject. I take a pill with me if I know we'll be out at dinner.... Boom.. I can take it right there... no waiting until I get home to inject (sometimes later than usual).. no waiting for the achy flu like symptoms from the injection. It is just "FREEING".

I am liking this so much.

Have any one taken the blood tests yet to see if your liver is doing ok on it? I will next week.

Comment

I had a negative 1st go round with Tec, but 2nd try and I'm finding it much more tolerable:

Some burning, GI issues, but these are minor as I am very diligent about eating well-rounded meals with doses and 12-hours apart. Had severe fatigue for about 5 weeks, then it let-up and I feel pretty good! So: sometimes I get side- effects out of the blue, but they are rarer and rarer.

My recent MRI showed no new lesions, and improvement in my two big, older ones...too soon to be the Tec, but I was having 2-3 relapses a year for about 3 years so perhaps my system has been tamed a bit?
      RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

Started tec last night. Took a baby aspirin and then ate a meal then took the starter dose pill. Can't say I had any negative side effects from it, knock on wood, so hopefully this continues.

Comment

Been on tec almost 4 months now. I just had my blood work done and everything came back normal
          And I still have had no side effects.

Comment

fatigue

Originally posted by KateA2 View Post
            I had a negative 1st go round with Tec, but 2nd try and I'm finding it much more tolerable:

Some burning, GI issues, but these are minor as I am very diligent about eating well-rounded meals with doses and 12-hours apart. Had severe fatigue for about 5 weeks, then it let-up and I feel pretty good! So: sometimes I get side- effects out of the blue, but they are rarer and rarer.

My recent MRI showed no new lesions, and improvement in my two big, older ones...too soon to be the Tec, but I was having 2-3 relapses a year for about 3 years so perhaps my system has been tamed a bit?
            you are really the 1st one I saw to post approx. how long the fatigue lasted.
            I had increased fatigue after starting tec. wasn't sure if was because of stopping the Avonex for 2weeks prior and then my neruo had me come on tec very slowly. I only started w/ one 120 mg 1 x a day for the first week.
            I have been wondering for all those experiencing tiredness/ fatigue increase after starting TEC
            how long before the fatigue/ tiredness eased up. this is my 5th week since I started and the start of 2nd week on maintenance dose.
            I do not miss the sickness from Avonex injections. but at the same time want to have my energy back.
            ( also thanks to those who posted about bloating, have had that at times and never put 2 and 2 together)

Comment

Hi Lori - Yes, the fatigue was pretty severe -- my eyes would just close-down on their own I was soooo tired (I took to booking unused conference rooms at work and sleeping for an hour over lunchtime.) I even missed a few days of work I was so draggle-tail.

Then one day, it just didn't happen (like turning a light-switch off, it was that drastic!) It's been back a few times, but not nearly as annoying.

I think if you hang-in and push through, the fatigue will end? Keep a journal - I'm curious to see if yours just "Stops" all at once like mine did.

I have side-effects almost every day, but they are fairly mild - I cannot complain and I like the added protection and no needles
              RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would share this tidbit anyway. I saw my neuro on Monday and told him that the past six months I had noticed that I actually feel better on Tec. The daily ups and downs are lessened and not so unpredictable, or I could put it like it's not such a rollercoaster and my MS is sort of smoothed out. Yes, I still have some bad days, but they are becoming rarer. I am even tolerating the heat better, though not quite like a "normal" person could.

My doctor responded that he knew of this phenomenon and that someone is starting a study on this, and that right now approximately 10% of Tec users are reporting this as well. After sticking out the first 4-5 months of the side effects, I'm extremely happy to be one of the 10%. I've been on tecfidera for about 2.5 years as of now. I do still get some rare flushing and itching, but that's about it.

Comment

1 year on Tec

I started Tec a year ago after being on Copaxone for 4 years. Mild flushing but no GI issues. Long story short I had my yearly MRI after being on Tec for a year and NO NEW SPOTS!! Even better is that one spot that showed in my 2015 MRI when I was on C has COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED!!!!!

My neuro darn near did cartwheels in his office over that one!

So needless to say, I definitely have a positive experience with Tec!

Comment

Working...
                  X