Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going off Rebif for a little while..

Has anyone ever done this?

I have been off for just over a week but have had a dull headache for at least 3 days now. I drink plenty of water, I am dedicated GFCF...its really annoying and distracting.

I haven't taken anything for it ie Aleve but I am wondering if this is normal? I know to get started was hard so I wouldn't be surprised if getting off them would be too but I am just concerned that my brain might be doing its lesion thing again.. :/

Rebif Sabbatical

How long is "a little while?" A few days or weeks or months? Your post didn't mention the reason for stopping the Rebif. Before stopping Rebif did you consult with your neurologist?

I have been on Rebif for about 6 years and took a break last year when I was being treated for another major not-related-to-MS health issue. My break lasted a year. When I restarted the Rebif I started from the beginning and titrated up to the full 44mcg dosage from the teeny 8mcg dose. I always felt like I was playing with dynamite when I was off Rebif and that the whole MS thing could blow up at any time. I was lucky that my MS symptoms were minimal and that my last 2 MRIs showed no new lesions.

If you choose to restart Rebif at some point you should discuss with your doctor whether you need to titrate up the dose or if you can start at the full 44mcg dose. Different doctors will have different opinions on this issue. There is a recent thread here on MS World about just this subject.

Comment

Update to my response

I just read your post in another thread that you stopped Rebif because you want to try and have a baby. That explains the stoppage pretty well. I can't give any advice on that particular point because I had my 2 children well before my MS diagnosis. They are 21 and 19 year old college students and are completely healthy. The paragraphs I wrote on my experience with stopping Rebif and how to restart the drug still stand.

I hope things work out well for you.

Comment

Rebif Sabbatical lol

I am going off for 6mos to try and get pregnant! I am just really scared as to what to expect. I know it is different for everyone.

I have heard/read mix opinions about the alternative treatments in the meantime. I have talked to my neuro and he would prefer I get on them naturally.

I have an appt with a obgyn on Monday, she is really sweet and I know I can talk to her in a little more depth than Dr. David.

I have asked him about my long history of headaches and really he did not seem concerned at all. I dont think I will be switching doctors anytime soon and I do like Rebif..especially cuz it helps me sleep.

Comment

Thanks Jessiesmom

I appreciate the input..I just want to know what to expect beforehand. I like hearing all sides of things if possible.

Comment

Working...
          X