Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in the clemastine trial?

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone on the board is in the Clemastine trial or does anyone have any experience this drug?

I took it for allergies years ago, before I was diagnosed with MS.

I didn't have any side affects with this drug, so hopefully it will show some promise.
    Echo
    DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

For anyone wanting more info about the trial:
    Assessment of Clemastine Fumarate as a Remyelinating Agent in Multiple Sclerosis (ReBUILD)
    http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT02040298

A brief article can also be found at: http://bionews-tx.com/news/2014/02/0...ing-remitting/

This is really an interesting trial because Clemastine is readily available and is not expensive. Unfortunately, because of those reasons we likely will never see a Phase 3 trial to confirm results (if positive) nor will there be FDA approval w/o expensive Phase 3 trials.

But thank God Phase 2 results may be welcomed by those w/o insurance or others interested in having an inexpensive possibility for re-myelination.

Comment

It would be wonderful if clemastine could help with myelin repair! It would give hope to so many people!

Thanks for the response and the links Myoak!
      Echo
      DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

Very good hope for people suffer MS

Clemastine Fumarate tablets is very good hope for people suffer MS.

Please send me news in use Clemastine Fumarate.

Comment

I'm not in the trial but I decided to trial myself and purchased four bottles of Clemastine Fumarate 1.34mg. I've ramped-up over the past two weeks to taking one tablet every six hours or so which is getting close to the trial dosage.

No negative side-effects so far.

I'll post if I experience any lasting disability improvements. I have enough of the drug for three months and it only cost $30.

Comment

I'm also trying it but can't get past a 1/2 dose. It seems very sedating.

Comment

If this drug's brand name is Tavist, I took it years ago. That is until it's warning label had something about possibly causing neurological problems. This is only information from my memory and it could be my faulty memory.

Comment

The MS trial dosen't use Tavist. Tavist was a combination of clemastine (antihistamine) and phenylpropanolamine (decongestant).

Preparations containing phenylpropanolamine were withdrawn from the market due to increased risk of hemorrhagic stroke.

The MS trial is with clemastine.

KatW, clemastine may be helpful getting a good night’s sleep?

Will be interesting to see the trial results on re-myelination in MS.

Comment

Thanks again, Myoak, for clarifying. I hope to see something good come of this trial.

Comment

I want use only clemastine

Originally posted by Myoak View Post
                    The MS trial dosen't use Tavist. Tavist was a combination of clemastine (antihistamine) and phenylpropanolamine (decongestant).

Preparations containing phenylpropanolamine were withdrawn from the market due to increased risk of hemorrhagic stroke.

The MS trial is with clemastine.

KatW, clemastine may be helpful getting a good night’s sleep?

Will be interesting to see the trial results on re-myelination in MS.
                    I use clemastine fumate tablets 2.68 mg/2 tablets a day, I want use only clemastine.

Your comment about clemastine is very good, after I did read your comment I reduce from 3 tablets a day to tablets a day .

I want to take 4 mg a day of clemastine, I seek re-myelination my brain. I suffer PPMS.

Comment

I seek re-myelination my brain

Originally posted by febausa View Post
                      I use clemastine fumate tablets 2.68 mg/2 tablets a day, I want use only clemastine.

Your comment about clemastine is very good, after I did read your comment I reduce from 3 tablets a day to tablets a day .

I want to take 4 mg a day of clemastine, I seek re-myelination my brain. I suffer PPMS.
                      Your comment about clemastine is very good, after I did read your comment: I reduce from 3 tablets a day to 2 tablets a day.

I want to take 4 mg a day of clemastine, I seek re-myelination my brain. I suffer progressive primary multiple sclerosis (PPMS)

Comment

Clemastine for $10.00, Where did You Find it for this Price Thank you, Knuckle

Originally posted by knuckle View Post
                        I'm not in the trial but I decided to trial myself and purchased four bottles of Clemastine Fumarate 1.34mg. I've ramped-up over the past two weeks to taking one tablet every six hours or so which is getting close to the trial dosage.

No negative side-effects so far.

I'll post if I experience any lasting disability improvements. I have enough of the drug for three months and it only cost $30.
                        I would like to know where you found Clemastine for $10.00

Comment

LorettaW,

I purchased three bottles of 100 tablets 1.34 for $20.37 from Family OTC online. Evidently, they made a mistake because when I checked their website it was listed at one bottle for $20.37.

But it's now listed as out-of-stock. The stuff seems hard to find online and you may do better at a CVS or Walgreens, etc.

I'm now taking 2 x 1.34mg every 12 hours.

No miracles so far but my residual optic neuritis in my right eye has gone away since taking it. As you probably know ON can come and go on it's own so I'm not convinced it's the drug yet. My other symptoms remain constant though sometimes I think my legs feel a little stronger. Another thing is my legs are not as spastic at night, but that doesn't necessarily mean any myelin is being rebuilt. Maybe Clemastine helps with spasticity.

I'm just going to keep taking it as I have enough for several months and I'm not having any bad side-effects. I certainly havn't gotten any worse.

Comment

Clemastine fumarate is no longer sold

Where did you get it again? Can you provide the link if online or give a phone number if not online? Because from all I found out, clemastine fumarate is no longer sold, and for the pet medicine, a prescription is required

Comment

clemastine fumarate no longer sold

Where did you buy clemastine fumarate? From everything I found out, it is no longer sold and the pet's medicine requires a prescription. Can you post the link to where you bought it online? (or a phone number if you did not buy online) Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X