Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you relapsed on Tec?

Hi
    I've been on Tecfidera about 3 months now.

It's been really positive after the first 6 weeks. I feel physically stronger. My limits are the same in terms of how LONG I can function for, but I seem to be functioning better.

Unfortunately I've had a relapse. It affected my speech and swallowing muscles. It's easing off now.

Is this a reason to review Tec, for me? or is it just par for the course that relapses are bound to happen despite it?

Thanks

5 months on Tec

I had a relapse also.
    My MD didn't think it was any reason at that time to talk about changing meds yet.
    But I am 6 mos since my relapse & still doing bad.
    So I am considering changing.
    No MRI yet , he wasn't in a hurry to do that . ( probably insurance , I guess) .
    Tl-Tr3
    DX'07 MS- on Tysabri-

Comment

I'm too new to the MS world to know if this counts as a relapse, but I've been on Tec for 3 months now and am having new MS symptoms. Three days ago my feet decided to feel like I'd been soaking them in a snow bank, freezing for no reason as they're warm to the touch, then yesterday they began losing sensation. Not numb yet, just a bit less sensation. Anyways, even though MS is new to me, it's not new to my body and this has happened about three years in a row when the season am changes from fall to winter.

I don't know if this means Tec isn't working for me, or maybe it's just too early into treatment, but I'm going to call and let my dr. know about the new symptom for tracking purposes at least. Just sharing in case anyone else is looking for examples of relapse on Tec.

Comment

I've been on Tec for approx 18 mos and had a mild flare a few months ago. BUT ... I've started a new job that is stressful & demanding both mentally as well as physically. I'm just thankful I've only had one flare since I started this job and that it was mild.
        DX 10/2008
        Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
        Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
        Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

I think we all need to remember that none of these DMD's have a 100% efficacy rate.

It is certainly possible to have a relapse while on a treatment. I'm also new on Tec, only a month in, and have noticed a bit of a change in my left hand. It's been very weak for about a week now.

But I've had some life experiences that I feel have contributed and am optimistic that things will improve with time.

Hang in there, I' m hoping that long term this will be effective. But I also know that there can be some bumps in the road along the way.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Yes it looks like as if we all still do have relapses. That said, I have rarely bounced back from a relapse as fast as I have for this one, so I still think Tec is having a positive effect on me.

I hope you all recover well from your relapses.

Comment

Working...
            X