Hard masses lasting weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard masses lasting weeks

Hello all, I recently started copaxone 40 mg and overall it's been amazing except for the skin reactions. I get these hard masses, some of which have been around up to a month I think. I do manual injections, use heat then ice, press down slightly for a bit after the injection but nothing's working.

The only place I'm not getting them is on the arm but it's sore for days so I'm thinking I'm hitting the muscle? The other ones are itchy for days but not as painful - usually.

I'm sticking with it bc I'm feeling decent overall just wondering if anyone has ideas. Benedryl maybe? I'll probably try that next.

Peace!

Push down firmly, not slightly, on that bump, then ice, then Benadryl cream. Good luck!
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Will try. Thanks!

Comment

Sardi g, I understand and have the same frustration. I had it with the 20 mg dose as well. Overtime, the lumps are a little less, but not much. I have done the pressing down for 30 seconds, etc but continue to have hard lumps and skin damage. I do think our reaction varies based on our skin and fatty subq tissue. Because my skin is so damaged from the shots, I am now down to 2 - 40 mg shots per week, always rotating.

Regarding skin reactions: my thighs and arms look bad. In fact I now have a permanent lump (about 1/2" round) that a sugergeon said is from the shots. (I guess diabetics can sometimes get these lumps too.). That lump is on one of my thighs...and I hate that it is so visible. My butt/hips look fine, but there are some places that I can barely get the needle in or if I do, the medicine just won't go in. These locations are hard to tell because they look fine and there is no visible lumps or skin damage. (But unfortunately there is!). My stomach looks great and has no injection site issues...at all! I can't figure it out as I have been super diligent in rotation, and injection process. Sigh!

Thus, I am hanging on....I hope you will too! Best, MGM

Comment

When i was on Copaxone ...

I had less lumps when I removed the air bubble from the syringe before injecting.
          --I know the maker of Copaxone says it is ok to inject with air - but other manufacturers instructions for injectable meds always say to remove air from the syringe---so there must be a reason.
          Tl-Tr3
          DX'07 MS- on Tysabri-

Comment

Yeah, what does happen to that air bubble

when you're using the autoject? And doesn't it depend on the position of the autoject?
            If it's at a 90 degree angle to your skin, the autoject is parallel to the floor for most injections. So where's that bubble - midway in the syringe?
            On your thighs the autoject is at a 90 degree angle to the floor if you're sitting - it would seem that the bubble when injecting into your thigh (if you're sitting) should be at the end of the injection.

Comment

I have no idea why but my nurse said the air bubble is important so please check with a nurse or your doc before changing that. My needle fell out last time so I had to prick a second time so I'm guessing there was no air bubble. It was on my arm and now I got the lump there too. Have no idea if this is related. Probably unrelated. Who the knows.

Comment

Originally posted by sardi_g View Post
                I have no idea why but my nurse said the air bubble is important so please check with a nurse or your doc before changing that.
                I've heard that as well!
                RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
                X