It appears that your MSWorld session has not been initiated or has expired. To renew your session, please click here, then click 'Logout' on the right hand side and log back in again.

Go Back   MSWorld Forums > MSWorld Message Boards > General Questions and Answers
Register FAQ Calendar Guidelines Mark Forums Read Login

General Questions and Answers For learning, sharing your experience, and exchanging information about Multiple Sclerosis. Please discuss medications in the Medications forum, and natural supplements in Tara's forum.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

bruising

Hi,
Wondering if anyone has experienced LOTS of unexplained bruising? if it could have anything to do with MS? My legs (lower mostly) look like a 6 year old kid's at the end of summer after playing outside, biking, etc. for an entire summer. And I never remember injuring them....
Just curious!
Thanks...
Old 08-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

YES yes yes! and I don't like it. Im looking at one now on my right toe...black and blue. Don't know how I did it. Must have happen yesterday.

In addition both my legs and my left buttocks are scared from falling, leaning bumping...oh however it happened... I'll be carrying the marks for life.

It was nice to be young and fresh with no scares and smooth skin. I can only say that you are probably prone to injury with even knowing, so be careful
Old 08-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

thanks for your quick reply.....and glad to know I'm not totally alone. I know I'm clumsier than ever....but can never remember banging into stuff enough to cause all these bruises. It's CRAZY!
Thanks -- hope you have a good day
Old 08-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

Yes, I seem to bruise more, but I have no idea how I get them.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo
Old 08-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

Keep in mind that many medications can make you more prone to bruising.

So, it could be a combination of the MS making you more likely to stumble, etc. and the med making it more likely for you to bruise from stumbles, etc.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

Unexplained bruising/easily bruised is not related to MS.

Unexplained brusing is common. Some people bruise easily, some health conditions (not MS) can cause bruising, vitamin deficiencies and some medications.

If concerned speak to your PCP.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

Bruising

I think mine are due to careening off doorways and such in my house.
I can no longer tell distances when I reach or set things down so I have to be VERY careful with my coffee and such.
I have to clean up the mess I make.
techie
Dogs Rule!
Old 08-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

Way back in early-mid 2007 I had serious problem with ankle bruising. My fam doc looked at it and dismissed it as having hit it and not knowing or feeling it due to being diabetic.

One day it was so painfull I went to a walk-in clinic. They did an X-ray and found a bone spur was tearing at my tendon or whatever, (thanks to weak ankles) and causing it to bleed/bruise from the inside. I left the walk-in wearing an ankle brace and later Rx'd AFOs. BTW, my weak ankles are courtesy of MS, so in my case it was MS related.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot