Restless legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restless legs

I get me twitchy legs often at night. I've heard quinine helps. I've seen quinine tablets advertised. Has anyone tried this?

USED QUININE FOR AWHILE BUT READ SOMEWHERE THAT IT WAS NOT TO BE USED. SO STOPPED. IF I TAKE TYLENOL PM AT NIGHT IT HELPS ME TO REST SO MY LEGS WILL. GOOD LUCK.
    This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Have a great day, Leola

Comment

I started getting twitches at night then it led into tingle stiffness but hope that dont happen to you
      Billy
      Dx: 09/2004
      09/2011- oooppppssss still have it.

Comment

RLS

I took Goji Juice and the symptoms went away within a few days. Couldn't afford any longer so had RLS come back. Tried Tonic water, not much help. Started taking pure Himalayan Crystal Salt, 1 teaspn of salt water a day, for other benifits and strangly enough, the RLS has hardly been a issue.

Comment

restless legs

This may sound really strange. And when I was told about it, was very skeptical but thought what the heck. Put a bar of Ivory Soap in a white cotton sock, tie it closed and place it under the fitted sheet of your bed down near your feet. Not sure if it's one of those mind over matter issues or not, but have kept my bar of soap in the bed for a couple of years now and no longer have the restless leg thing at night. Go figure!!

Comment

Originally posted by goddessmoon View Post
            This may sound really strange. And when I was told about it, was very skeptical but thought what the heck. Put a bar of Ivory Soap in a white cotton sock, tie it closed and place it under the fitted sheet of your bed down near your feet. Not sure if it's one of those mind over matter issues or not, but have kept my bar of soap in the bed for a couple of years now and no longer have the restless leg thing at night. Go figure!!
            is this bar of soap open or sealed in the sock?
            Billy
            Dx: 09/2004
            09/2011- oooppppssss still have it.

Comment

Originally posted by wriser View Post
              is this bar of soap open or sealed in the sock?
              I believe she is referring to an open bar of soap.

Comment

Goddess Moon Thanks for the tip. I'll give the soap a try. I like natural remedies that can't harm in any way.

Comment

restless leg

I read that 25% of people with ms, have restless leg. Try an icepack...I wrap a soft icepack with a towel,and then lay on my back and put the icepack under my legs, just above my ankle. It works sometimes.....and it does not make me cold everywhere else. I do this even in the winter.

Comment

I will also try the bar of soap method! Sometime the good 'ole wive tales are the best!

If not, you will be ready for your shower in the morning!
                    Fall down seven times....get up eight!

Comment

I have it too, my gran had it as well. I have it mostly during the day, so did she.

Comment

Zanaflex

I have a baclofen pump, but still had issues with RLS that led to increased spacticity while resting or trying to sleep. I now take 3 Zanaflex at bedtime.

Tried a ton of "other" things that I wished would have helped first.

Good Luck

Comment

Take 400mg Magnesium early evening and that should help. Magnesium is important for muscle contraction and nerve transmission. People with MS are often deficient in Magnesium and it is difficult to get enough through diet.

Google: magnesium multiple sclerosis

I had leg twitches/jerks for years while lying in bed for years and they resolved completely once I started taking Magnesium.

Magnesium will also help control bladder spasms.

Comment

Another thing that will help with restless legs and spasticity at night:

Elevate your bed at the head about 6-8 inches.

For more information, google: inclined bed therapy multiple sclerosis

Inclined Bed Therapy (IBT) may help you with some other MS symptoms as well.

Comment

Restless legs

Thanks for all the tips. I'll definitely check them out.

Comment

Working...
                              X