GOALS REACHED:
    Four made goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    -

OTHER:
    Seasha set a new goal for this week.
    Sazed joined in with a comment.
    Welcome! Come back this week!
    I didn't report on my goals; working on deciding what to do regarding goal-setting.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Didn't pursue a goal

I kind of didn't pursue a goal this week. My Garmin tracker still recorded by steps, so here they are. I did better than recent weeks without trying. Mostly, because I had a lot on Sunday; I attended a Holiday Home tour so I did more walking than usual. Also, I went grocery shopping one day so it didn't show my steps. Sometimes, I add an estimate but I didn't this time. It might have been an extra 400 steps or so.

I probably did "some" PT about 3x. Not as much as I was assigned, but not nothing, either.

Steps:
    Th- 830 steps,

F - 1755 steps,
    S - 1766 steps
    S - 3592 steps,
    Mon - 1701 steps,
    Tue - 2109 steps,
    W - 1396 steps,
    Total: 13,149 steps; average 1878 per day

Goals for next week:
    I think I'll just try to "Do Something" 4 days a week. I'll decide, when I post, whether to count it or not, but I'll probably define "something" as 2200 or more steps in a day, exercise at the Y or at home (Wii Fit or chair yoga on YouTube, PT, etc).

After a few weeks of this, I'll likely try to "define" my goals more and make them more measurable again and accountable again.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Goal is >3k steps on 3 days a week with average of >2800 steps/day.

Made goals. I walked over 3k steps on 5 out of 7 days and averaged 3461 steps/day. The other 2 days were really pitiful .

I will keep same goal for next week.

FINALLY got a response from the doctor re: thyroid testing. The test will be next week. The followup with doctor will be 2 weeks later. Yeah that's right - next year . I have been pursuing a dx and treatment for this condition since August! Yep that is 6 months. As if having MS isn't bad enough it seems to give doctors the right to say that all problems are "just MS". I'm just so tired of feeling so bad and being treated as if it is not important. Yeah a rant here.

Good luck to all this week before Christmas .

Comment

I managed to clean some of my house, but not as much as I wanted. I spent a lot of time running around doing errands, wrapping and shipping presents to east coast family, grocery shopping (what I call exercise!), babysitting for grandchildren, so I met my goal. In fact, I think I did too much and physical fatigue has hit me like a bomb.

I'm going to take it easier this coming week or two and not set a goal except to gear up for Christmas and family get-togethers.

Thanks for the info about your tracker, Mamabug. Sounds like you need a "tracker" to find your pedometer

And msgijo, good luck on your thyroid testing!
        Hope everyone has a good week ahead.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Three out of four days plus

I did not make my goal. I did all exercises three out of four days and walked in place the fourth. I am just too busy with Christmas duties to get it all done. This week will be worse. I will just do what I can.

Seasha, it sounds like you did plenty. Good for you for trying during this busy time.

msgijo, good for you for meeting your goals. I'm glad to hear thyroid testing has finally been scheduled even though a while away. At least you have a date. You have earned the right to rant.

Mamabug, good for you for doing so many steps. Good for you for doing some pt even if it wasn't as much as usual. We are all stressed at this time. We can only do what we can do.

Comment

Made Goal +

Hi everyone

Made goal - up on feet with rollator walking/standing/doing activities for 30 min, 4X a day, every day - and stretches.

Had more endurance this week and was able to do 30 min of continuous walking 3X (indoors).

I did the walks 3 days in a row, and was kind of fatigued the rest of the week. Next week, if I'm able to do the walks, I'll do them every other day to see if that helps to keep me from getting so tired.

To those who are busy this week - I truly believe that holiday preparations count as exercise!

Good energy to all!
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Well, I did not make my goal I set a couple of wks ago. I did ride my bike 2 days and I walked enough one day that mounted to a bike ride. I haven't pack anything lately, waiting to finish house so we can move.

I want to continue goal of riding bike it really works my legs and arms and I get my heart rate up some what. I will always have house work for a goal also.

msgijo-- So glad you are finally getting your test and I hope you start treatment soon. and good job making you goal.

Mamabug, your exercise always adds up to a lot even when you don't think so.

ShrinkKaren-- You certainly did a lot.

KoKo-- Good job of making your goal.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
              X