Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 9/21/2017

7 of us checked in.

GOALS REACHED:

6 of us made our goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    None of us didn't make any goals.

OTHER:
    Seasha is dealing with other issues right now and not able to exercise. Thinking of you, as you deal with your mom's decline.

Exercise Tip:
    I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made my goals

Here are my current goals:
    1. Continue to record my steps. I won't set a goal regarding how many I wish to walk every day for now.
    2. Do my PT exercises at least 6 times out of 7 days. Attending PT appointment will count; I might, or might not, also do PT exercises on appointment days.

Steps plus exercise:
    Th- PT appt.

F - PT at home
    S - PT at home
    S -
    Mon - PT at home
    Tue - PT appt
    W - PT at home, Silver Sneaker at the Y
    Total:

I'm not able to get my activity tracker to sync correctly with my computer right now, so I can't record my steps. Will try again later, or get hubby to help. It syncs and says it is current, but the most recent info it records was from Saturday.

My sprained toe is still healing. Checked with doc last week, to see if healing time was still in the "range of normal". He said toes and fingers can take a long time to heal. As long as it isn't getting worse, he said I could wait another 3 or 4 weeks before worrying.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

I struggled this week but made it. I have to confess that it gets more difficult all the time.

Mamabug, so sorry about your toe. Having experienced the same I know how painful it can be. I wish you good healing.

Seasha, I was so sorry to read about your mother's situation. My thoughts are with you. I know from first hand experience how difficult this sad time is. Blessings, Karen

Comment

GOAL:
        1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week OR average at least 2200 steps per day.
        2. Perform my husbands PT exercises 2x week OR ride the exercise bike for 5 mins a week (BONUS - Two 5 minute sessions).

I had over 3000 steps / day for 6 out of the last 7 days, averaged 3240 steps / day. So goal #1 met 100% .

I KNOW that doing PT is something that would help me, but I just cannot seem to get motivated to do it . I went shopping on two different days for a food bank (several stores as no one store has everything at the lowest price) and on Monday helped to fix the bags/boxes for distribution. When I add in all of the other duties that I did this week (getting feed, laundry, running dh around to dr. appts) I feel that I met the intent of goal #2 .

I need to change that goal to more accurately reflect what I am doing.Not quite sure what I want it to be though. Suggestions anyone?

Faith - mine does that sometimes, and it IS frustrating. Try removing the chip that is in your USB port and replacing it. Sometimes that helps.

Karen - good job with pushing through. I wish that I could get that type of determination back ...

Seasha - Nothing that I can say will help you feel any better right now, so just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers .

Great job to everyone for making the effort to move !

Comment

I will say I met my goal of moving.

I have had a very trying wk. I haven't been home much. I helped my DH with a couple of projects. I have gotten in and out of his truck several times this wk. I have done a lot of sitting and walking and I did my laundry one day.

Good job everyone for reaching your goals.

Seasha you are still in my prayers.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

I was able to make goal of being up on my feet (with rollator) standing/walking/activities for 30 min, 4X a day, everyday - and also daily stretches.

Very thankful that I can still get up from the sitting position to standing position, although the seat must be high enough and have armrests to push off from (wheelchair or rollator seat - otherwise I use my lift recliner which helps a great deal to get into standing position).

For getting up from the potty, I use a bedside commode, placed over my toilet, with the bucket removed. The height is adjustable, and it has armrests. Very inexpensive solution for me. I think this apartment has the lowest toilet possible!

I am focusing my limited exercise energy on getting up on my feet and walking, as I want to be able to do that for as long as possible. I cherish being upright.

Hope we all have a great week, doing the best we can.
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
            X