Choking on food and drink MS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choking on food and drink MS ?

Lately for the last couple of weeks every time I eat something it goes down the wrong way and I start choking. This happens occasionally with drinking as well. I also have been urinating a lot more frequently in the past weeks as well. I have read that both these things are symptoms of MS and I am worried.

I have been worried about MS for a while now and have had other symptoms such as weird prickling pains in hands and legs which I got checked out at the doctors and were put down as a side effect of a medication I was taking at the time. I stopped worrying about MS for a while but my fear has come back in full force and I'm 100% convinced I have it, but I'm unsure wether to go to the doctor or not again as it is expensive if they are only going to tell me its anxiety? Help what do you think ?

Lately for the last couple of weeks every time I eat something it goes down the wrong way and I start choking I also have been urinating a lot more frequently in the past weeks as well. I have read that both these things are symptoms of MS and I am worried.
    Frequent urination can simply be due to the amount of fluid in take and doesn't really indicate MS.

Having food and fluids go down the wrong way (which will cause coughing and choking) is common with the general population and doesn't indicate MS.

had other symptoms such as weird prickling pains in hands and legs which I got checked out at the doctors and were put down as a side effect of a medication I was taking at the time.
    Medications, as well as vitamin/mineral deficiencies, mental health conditions and numerous other conditions could cause the symptoms you are having. The only way to diagnose MS is to rule out all other possible causes and testing that is positive for MS.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by sarah4685 View Post
      Lately for the last couple of weeks every time I eat something it goes down the wrong way and I start choking. This happens occasionally with drinking as well. I also have been urinating a lot more frequently in the past weeks as well. I have read that both these things are symptoms of MS and I am worried.

I have been worried about MS for a while now and have had other symptoms such as weird prickling pains in hands and legs which I got checked out at the doctors and were put down as a side effect of a medication I was taking at the time. I stopped worrying about MS for a while but my fear has come back in full force and I'm 100% convinced I have it, but I'm unsure wether to go to the doctor or not again as it is expensive if they are only going to tell me its anxiety? Help what do you think ?
      Hi sarah4685

Sorry you are having a rough time.

Are you being treated for the anxiety?

If you are being treated, maybe your symptoms will subside over time if they are truly caused by anxiety, and not by something else.

If they don't subside, you may need to go back to your doctor.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
      X