Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group For 4/26/17

4/20/17

Hi Everyone. I can’t believe so little time has passed since our last weigh in. I guess it is a sign of aging since that seems to happen as one grows older. I am so glad that I lost my gained weight from medication when I did which was when I started this column. I am sure everyone has read or heard of the importance of maintaining a healthy weight as one grows older. I keep reminding myself of that when I am tempted to binge. As my MS symptoms gradually worsen I think of someday possibly needing physical help to perform daily tasks and less weight would be a positive thing.

I lost half a pound this week for which I am grateful. I thus now weigh 114.5 pounds. I will try to lose another half pound by the next weigh in.

Agate, So sorry about the increase. I have every confidence you will turn that around soon. I am very happy for you regarding your blood sugar. You certainly are doing what you need to do to keep it under control. Blessings.

Mamabug, good for you for losing even a small amount. It sounds like you are happy with your new scale which is a very good thing. Keep it going.

Hsmaldo, I hope we have not lost you. I miss hearing from you and hope you aren’t giving up on losing those unwanted pounds. Please let us know.

Poohb3ar, sorry about your gain but I am sure you will get right back on the horse and lose again. You have been doing so well and these slips happen to all of us. Keep up your momentum.

Msgijo, my goodness, that was quite a loss. You must have been doing everything right. You are right, salt is a major temptation. I must confess that I try to watch my salt intake for a couple of days before my official weigh in. Keep up the good work.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “You might do better to replace an occasional dinner roll with a nice roll in the hay. Healthy love making may help control the amount of food you eat and it's great exercise.”

I know all members are not married including myself but I am sure it is good advice for those who have a partner.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

4.1 pounds lost by two members. What a good statistic. It is this week’s assurance that it can be done. Thanks for being our positive examples for the week. Once again, it is proof that it can be done.

Total Gain:

4.3 pounds by three members. Reporting gains is an important part of the weight loss process. You helped remind us that it can happen to all of us. Admitting gains is truly a positive thing.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3988.91 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have less than 25 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.
    Last edited by Seasha; 04-26-2017, 10:18 PM. Reason: corrected date

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 4/26/17

I'm sorry the report I think went through before I did some editing. It's all there but there is no underlining or bolding. I'll check later and be sure it went through and if not I will resubmit.

Comment

I edited your post to reflect the correct date, Shrink. I will merge this thread with the other.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Many thanks

Thank you very much Seasha.

Comment

Stayed the same

2017 goal: 121-122 lbs; then stay in a 5-pound range of 119-124 lbs.

2017 Monthly weights:
          01/05: 129.6 lbs, W 37"
          02/02: 128.6 lbs
          03/02: 128.4 lbs
          04/04: 129.2 lbs

Recent weights:
          04/27: 129.0 lbs
          04/21: 129.0 lbs
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I lost 0.3 pounds .

Was not really trying to lose - just to stay the same, but I'll take it .

4/20 116.0
            4/28 115.7

DH underwent brain surgery yesterday - 10 hours of it - so I should have known hat I would lose some weight. I lost so much when he was in ICU before ....

Comment

Working...
            X