Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 04/06/17

Five of us checked in this week.

Thanks for posting, in an easy-to-read place, whether you made your goal. That makes things easier for me.

GOALS REACHED:

Four people made their goal. (I have decided to count my goal when I make one or both. That's still better than what I was doing prior to getting our weekly check-in started.)

GOALS MISSED:
    One person missed their goal. It's always good to listen to your body; just try again next week.

Reminder:
    Feel free to re-evaluate your goals. You can change them weekly, if you wish. Keep them reasonable for yourself. Sometimes, for us, that changes.

Exercise Tip:

I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:

Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.

I'll report my exercise below.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I made one of my goals.

Goals for last week:

Make one goal or two goals. Even one goal is better than I used to do before we started this check-in again.
    1. Walk 3000 or more steps on my pedometer 3-5 days per week. Minimum goal -- Walk daily average of 16,000 steps.

2. Exercise 3 or more days per week. This could include WiiFit in my basement. Or it could include attending a fitness class at the YMCA, etc.
    - OR Exercise 2 hours or more per week.

Goal 1:
    W: 2587
    steps
    T: 1531
    steps
    M: 2755
    steps
    S: 1906
    steps
    S: 3553
    steps
    F: 2521
    steps
    Th: 2169 steps
    Total = 17,022 steps
    Over 16,000 steps. Only 1 day over 3,000 steps.

Goal 2:
    M: Silver Sneakers class (1 hr.)
    S: Wii Fit (10 min.)

Exercised 2 times.

I'm taking next week, and maybe the following week off from recording my exercise. I'm leaving tomorrow on vacation for 10 days. Although I might wear my pedometer, I'm not planning to focus on getting lots of steps, and I won't have the YMCA or my Wii Fit available for other exercise.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I DIDN'T MAKE MY GOAL of riding my bike 3 days, I only did 2 days but I got in a lot of exercise doing housework. Been sweeping floors for 2 days and running errands with my DH Friday and Monday which gave me a work-out.

Mamabug, I hope you have a wonderful vac. Good job meeting your goal.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
        I DIDN'T MAKE MY GOAL of riding my bike 3 days, I only did 2 days but I got in a lot of exercise doing housework. Been sweeping floors for 2 days and running errands with my DH Friday and Monday which gave me a work-out.

Mamabug, I hope you have a wonderful vac. Good job meeting your goal.
        Thanks. Sounds like our housework and errands should count as Day 3. I don't ever think we need to be legalistic, as long as we do something comparable.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

A better way is to plan for long term, then strategize it and break it into goals and most importantly being consistent with them

Comment

I DID NOT make my goals (4000 steps 5 days OR average of 4000 steps / day for the week) but I did much better - and am feeling much better.

I did over 4000 one day and made over 3000 each of the other days . I am pleased with the efforts I have made this week, and intend to continue to push to get back to my norm

GOOD JOB to everyone making the effort to move .

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
              I agree, those chores are a workout!!
              "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
              Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Got it

Have a great vacation Mammabug. I hope it's somewhere warm & relaxing. (can you tell I'm really tired of the snow?Yes, it snowed today.)

I made my step goal, 6000 per day for 5 of 7. Only missed one day.
                I managed to get my half mile by walking at the mall. I had to escape the house.
                It's been a rough week. All three grandkids all came down with the flu, plus both of their parents. Then my darlin' hubby got sick too!! I'm the only one who "escaped"! I am also the only one who remembered to get a flu shot. Coincidence? Not likely. Guess which 6 people are not missing the flu shot next year?
                Thankfully everyone is on the mend and Tamilfu really works in case anyone needs to know. The duration of illness was chopped greatly.

I'm really grateful for the added level of accounting this group offers me. There were days this week when I really didn't want to get moving, but knew I needed to report in here. Thanks for that.

I also got the "Couch to 5K" app for my phone. I'm not planning on any 5K races, cuz, yeah no. However the gentle and slow way the app works should help me with my 1 mile "run" this summer. Sensei says I can run, jog, or walk that mile, whatever I need to do. When the insane rain stops here & I can walk outdoors I'll start that. I don't think mall security would be thrilled with me running in the hallways.
                "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
                Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Made all my goals

Sorry to be so late in reporting. I made all of my goals 100% despite the pain in my left arm which is slowly getting better. Good luck to all. Karen

Comment

Originally posted by TinaP303 View Post
                    Have a great vacation Mammabug. I hope it's somewhere warm & relaxing. (can you tell I'm really tired of the snow?Yes, it snowed today.)

Lol. Warm and relaxing; I wish. My vacations, including this one, are usually to Canada because that's where my family lives. It's always good to see them, but warm isn't usually the word I'd choose.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                    X