A 'Mandated Retiree'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 'Mandated Retiree'

Hello, my name's Josh. Married in '03, started teaching in '03, dx'd in '07, officially disabled in '12. Now, I prefer mandated retiree to disabled. There's not much else. . . but feel free to ask. Adieu.

Hi Josh and welcome to MSWorld! Glad you found us and hope we can be of help to you. Love the alternative definition to disabled. I should have used this years ago.. Now I'm old enough to be officially retired.

Hope to see more of you and don't be shy to ask any questions you need answered. We're all in this together and offer our support and knowledge whenever needed.
    Take care now!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Josh

Glad you're here but sorry you need to be. This is a great site for information, support and learning. It's also a place you can feel safe asking most any MS-related question.
      I also love "mandated retiree", although I am now old enough to be simply retired. Some days I feel like I'm working harder now than ever before though. I don't think I'm alone in that.
      Looking forward to your posts.

Carol

Comment

Hi and welcome!
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Hello Josh and welcome to msw. This is a great site.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi Mandated Retiree

Welcome to MS World! This is a wonderful place for knowledge, support and being around people who can relate. MS is different for everyone, you're sure to find someone with the same path and that has good advice around here! Post on boards, join the chat, and find great support here. I'm somewhat new and this is a great place to come to.

Take care and enjoy! Hope to see you around!

NintendoGurlie "Memphis"

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome.

Comment

Welcome!

I often say something similar. "I retired at age 46. I went on disability in 2008." I guess I still use the word disability, but adding the retirement concept to it gives it a more positive spin.
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Welcome

hello and welcome this is The place for info and conversations

Comment

Working...
                  X