Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 1/5/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 1/5/17

Hi Everyone. Well, the Holidays are over and it is time to get back to work. The absence of two regular members this past week is duly noted. I hope people are not feeling discouraged. The fact of the matter is that the Holidays are a trying time for all of us and it is not unusual to gain. The most important thing is to get back on the horse. You can do it. You have succeeded in the past and can do so again. I am rooting for all of you.

I lost some weight due to going back on my low salt way of preparing food. Maybe half a pound is true weight loss rather than just a reduction in salt. The fact of the matter is I am down a pound since last week so weigh 114. I would like to lose one more pound and will try for half a pound this week.

Agate, steady as always. It sounds like you do use restraint when faced with temptations. We should all be so disciplined. Keep up the good work.

Mamabug, so sorry for your significant gain. Focus on your successes and the positive feelings you get when the scale goes down. In the overall scheme of things you have a great track record and you know the strategies that work for you. You can definitely do it again.

Hsmaldo, Sorry to miss you this week. I hope you had a great holiday season.

Poohb3ar, I hope we see you soon in 2017.

Msgijo, good for you. Your strategies not to overindulge are impressive and obviously worked. I hope your husband’s doctor’s appointment went well and also yours. The two of you have truly faced challenges of late. Best wishes to both of you.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

According to an article in US News:

A recently study published in the International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition found that women who ate a 390-calorie egg breakfast containing 30 grams protein ate 135 fewer calories at lunch than when they ate a 390-calorie carb-rich cereal breakfast with 10 grams of protein.

Take a page from their book by striving to eat 20 to 30 grams of protein at breakfast – an amount you can easily achieve with simple recipes like these. The habit will help turn up satiety and tamp down hunger hormones to keep you satisfied for several hours. In addition, protein helps increase metabolism more than carbohydrates or fat.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

0 pounds lost. This is not an unexpected result during the Holiday season with all of the temptations. Next week should show a marked improvement.

Total Gain:

5.4 pounds by two members. This is not surprising with all of the sugar and fat laden temptations all around this time of year. There are better results just around the corner.

[/B][Stayed The Same:[/B]

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3949.3 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 100 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Lost 2.0 lbs

2017 goal: 121-122 lbs
    2017 Monthly weights:

01/05: 129.6 lbs

Yes! Under 130 again.

I didn't watch things very closely this week, either. I had a couple of food-related activities where my discipline was questionable. But, at least I wasn't snacking on cookies every day again, like I had been.
    I'm not surprised that it went down some. I knew that I hadn't eaten an extra 14,000 calories the last two weeks in December, which is how the math works (3500 calories = one pound), so I expected some of the weight to fall off.

My goal continues to be to get in the 121-122 pound range, so I still have some weight to lose. I expected that I could reach that in 2016, but, I had a really slow (even backwards) start in 2016, prior to beginning the IN.FORM weight loss program that I started last spring. And, even after going mostly in the right direction, it's still been slow. But, it's happening. And I don't ever intend to be obese again and weigh 180 lbs again.

And, I suspect that, if I went back to what I did 5 years ago, when I tracked every calorie and stuck really closely to my strategies, that it would be more effective. But, I'm not currently willing to put that much effort into it, and, yeah -- it's slow, but, it's going in the right direction.

Recent weights:
    12/15: 127.2 lbs
    12/29: 131.6 lbs
    01/05: 129.6 lbs

~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Happy New Year!

Sorry I missed checking in last week, I was at my sister's house and the day started off rough--due to change in pressure, lack of sleep, hormones, etc. I woke up with a migraine and ended up throwing up--thankfully just once and was able to knock the migraine after taking meds and going back to sleep.

She also didn't have a reliable scale in the house, so I didn't even log any weight gain/loss last week.

Today I was up 1.4 lbs from 200 to 201.4. However, I am not discouraged by this--it was a little difficult to stay on track while not at home, though I think my efforts were rewarded by not gaining MORE than I did! I'm back on schedule and back on track now that I'm home and determined to keep losing throughout this year.

I loved seeing my little nephew and the time went quickly and now I'm back home and back to work and running full speed ahead again! I'm hoping to continue to check-in regularly, but things at work my get crazy very soon. Again.

One other thing that is a challenge is we switched insurance from my hubby to myself as the primary and the switch did not go well. His insurance plan has been terminated, but mine has not been activated yet--apparently they are 4 weeks behind in getting information entered. I'm most likely going to cancel all our January dr appointments because it's not worth the headache and I already called Biogen to ask for some emergency doses of Tecfidera since I only have 8 days of meds left. They're going to send me 21 days worth out! That's a huge relief! Hopefully my insurance mess will be straightened out by then!

Comment

I gained this week . Too many fast food meals (5 medical appointments this week between dh and I) and still fighting low blood sugars (I HATE eating empty carbs to bring my sugar up ).
        My diabetic doctor gave me a different schedule of taking the same meds that I had already except for one which he told me not to take. I am skeptical, but will try it his way. But the good news is that my A1C had dropped down to 5.8 . For non-diabetics that is what your A1C probably runs so it is a normal level (and highly coveted by diabetics ).

12/29 115.7
        1/6 117.9

Even though I gained I am okay with my weight. I suppose that I should set a goal again, but right now all I can come up with is to stay about the same .

Comment

Still at 118 but with a definite tendency to creep up above that on some days.

msgijo, congratulations on the good HbA1C results! Keeping it down is a struggle, I know. I'm diabetic too and feel very lucky not to have to be on any diabetic meds.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

shrink, sorry i've been gone so long. didn't even realize it!

we were out of town 2 weeks in a row. then brought our granddaughter home with us

while my grandbaby was here, we did a lot of fun stuff, including working out on the Wii, but never recorded weight here.

then the exhaustion when she left.

will you forgive me since i lost 2.4 lbs? i'm at 143.5! but i'm not holding my breath.
            i haven't exercised much since she's left so i'm bouncing up and down. haven't disposed of all the candy, but it really isn't tempting me

my goal for now is 140 for my birthday (end of month). i need to celebrate that because it'll be over 25 lbs. lost, then i'll go for lower.

congrats mamab, i oughta try for 120s but it just seems so daunting. i'd be happy for the 130's!

keep up the good work everyone!
            praying for health for all of you struggling with so many problems including insurance.

God bless ya'll!
            poohb3ar
            "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

((Pooh))
              It's always so good when you're back.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
              X