Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to CAM's -- Dr. Allen Bowling

http://www.neurologycare.net/cam

Allen Bowling wrote a book, titled, Complementary and Alternative Medicine and Multiple Sclerosis . I have his first edition, but there is a second edition also available.

Some of his information, including usefulness, studies and precautions to be aware of, can be found in this link.

Please don't feel like you need to read the whole thing through. Rather, it can be used as a resource to look up specific CAM's that you are considering.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I read his book many yrs ago and I didn't know he wrote a second one I am going to look for it and order the book

That is how I started trying a lot of the CAM treatments

Thank you for letting me know about the second book

Shoo
    Shoo

Comment

You're welcome. I heard him speak once, at a conference. Very knowledgable; kind of the MS "guru" regarding CAM's.
      ~ Faith
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

It would be very interesting to hear him speak
        You right Mamabug he is the ms guru of Cam's

You know I was just talking about Allen Bowling last week to my neighbor My neighbor asked me if I ever tried CAM treatments and I told her about Bowling's book and she never heard of him now when she comes at lunch today I have to tell her he has a second book out

I was beginning to think I was the only one to ever hear of him and then you posted about him you must of been reading my mind

Is Bowling still with the Rocky Mt MS Center in Colorado?

Shoo
        Shoo

Comment

Originally posted by Shoo View Post

Is Bowling still with the Rocky Mt MS Center in Colorado?

Shoo
          I don't know. He was when I heard him speak, but that was years ago.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Yes he is. Not sure how, but I get their magazine updates, which usually have CAM info as well.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
            X