Recent trip to see a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent trip to see a friend

This friend knew that I was coming to see her from 8 hours away. Albeit, my sis-in-law's family lives in the same town so she went with me. I was supposed to be staying with this friend for 2 nights and sil's family for one night. When I got to town, I let her know that I was at SIL's family farm and she texted me that she didn't have room for me but wanted me to meet up with her the next morning. OK, maybe something was going on that I didn't know about. SIL's family wanted me to stay there and visit them so I did. Met my friend the next morning and with her were 2 other friends from my hometown who were staying with her. I was invited to meet and visit the next day, but I got miffed and said I was going to stay and help my benefactors with some cleaning up around their ranch.

I know that this friend is going to be traveling to my area in a couple of months. I really don't want to be included in anymore plans with this group of friends. I think my group of friends may have just become a smaller group.

Sorry, I didn't mean to complain.
    All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Wow! How inconsiderate! I'm sorry that your plans to visit your "friend" fail through. I would talk to her about it, before I made any drastic moves, maybe these circumstances where beyond her control and she feels as bad as you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tia1 View Post
      Wow! How inconsiderate! I'm sorry that your plans to visit your "friend" fail through. I would talk to her about it, before I made any drastic moves, maybe these circumstances where beyond her control and she feels as bad as you do.
      Your story breaks my heart! Some people! I do agree with Tia1, might be worth one call before you give this friend the axe. I know since MS, early retirement, and the passage of time, a lot of friends and family have left the building. I certainly saw that happen over my father's lifetime. At the end, it was him and my stepmother against the world. A shrinking posse might just be a life passage, but with modern technology, it seems we should be able to hold on to relationships better than before.

Having said that, I do not take losing anyone in my life lightly, which is why I would at least make a half-hearted attempt to find out what the heck happened. I would love a bigger support network, but nobody needs to be a door mat. I will adopt another dog before I would let that happen.

Good luck. Hang in there. Sounds like it was a real zinger! Ouch!
      Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
        I will adopt another dog before I would let that happen.
        The more I'm around people, the better I like my dog...
        "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." ~James Elliot

Comment

Well that really sucks! How absolutely rude!

I know for me I need more room, more sleep time, no stairs, space for meds and special foods. That being said I don't bother to stay with anyone. When I go out and about to visit I just rent a room. I reserve bottom floor so no climbing stairs, I have room for walker and wheelchair. I don't inconvenience anyone with my schedule and needs. Too hot, loud etc I go to my hotel room.

That being said if any of that was an inconvenience she should have said something. I would ask if we had a miscommunication or what?

People disappear a lot in our lives so if you can keep her it would be good but tell you were hurt. Just my opinion.

Good luck!
          DIAGNOSED=2012
          ISSUES LONG BEFORE
          REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Working...
          X