• Show
Clear All

I can sort of relate. I gave up shopping many yrs ago Still miss it

Ms takes so much from us and it stinks

Hope your feeling better

Shoo
    Shoo

Comment

I'm sorry youre struggling Think, this is just such a horrible disease. I must agree with the others, you really need to write a book. \ou're just the kind of writer we all could use. You're informative and have a fabulous sense of humour. Love your "dryness"!! Really hope you feel a bit better soon.
      Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

How are you doing my Aussie Friend.

I write to you from the hospital. I have a nice room overlooking The Bay.

MS just blows doesnt it. But there is nothing we can do about it.

I was just telling my parents that I had been looking at assisted living places. Instead, I am going to sell my home and move near my parents home and various other relatives. We are going to hire help.

Please swallow that pride of yours and take people up on their offers of help.

I have told you several times...you need to write a book or start a blog. You have a gift...immerse yourself in a new project.

Also...have you thought about a scooter? Would that be helpful for you?

Anyway...I don't check in here much because of other health concerns, but I wanted you to know I saw your post and am thinking of you.
        Katie
        "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
        "My MS is a Journey for One."
        Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

More Education is Needed - Well Meaning People Make Mistakes

At the end of April my husband and I were flying to Hawaii which required a change of planes in LAX. This was an unusual situation because the passengers were driven from the gate to the plane which was parked in a remote location on the tarmac. A low, flat vehicle was used to transport the passengers to the plane where it was necessary to climb a couple steps to board.

When it was my turn about ten pairs of hands were suddenly thrust in my direction to pull me onto the vehicle. I begged people to stop, to let go of my hands, allow me to board with the help of my husband. I felt as if my arms were being pulled out of their sockets. Finally, my husband was able to get between those trying to help and me and I got onto the vehicle fairly easily.

In a few minutes we reached the plane and after take-off I looked at my left hand where I wore my wedding band, engagement ring and my late father's wedding band. My father's wedding band was gone. The cabin was searched and the loss was reported to the airline and to LAX but I knew in my heart the ring was somewhere on the tarmac where it wouldn't be found. My heart was heavy.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. MS is a jerk that shows up uninvited and takes what it wants, when it wants without asking. It's unfair how we have to mourn the loss of who we used to be and that we have to keep adapting to MS's ridiculous demands.

And thanks for deciding to post! I'm so glad there were people who were there to help you and that there are fellow MSers here to listen. We are here when you need us! Hugs!
            DX 2005 RRMS. Did 2nd round of Lemtrada Jan 2018. DX SPMS 2019

Comment

Thank you all so much. Your kind, encouraging words do help.
              I am no longer lying in bed crying. I am sitting on the couch crying.
              No, feeling marginally better. It is what it is.

Comment

Hi thinkimjob hope you are having a better day today, sometimes everything catches up to at once and can feel very overwhelming trying to find positives in our life is a battle in itself hang in there and you know the old rainbow storm saying, and I really do mean it I hope you feel better soon Craig

Comment

[QUOTE=Thinkimjob;1492943
                  I am no longer lying in bed crying. I am sitting on the couch crying. [/QUOTE]

Hey, any little victory is a victory in my book! There's your "dry humour again.
                  Jen
                  RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                  "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I'm having a tough day today and you've all made me feel less alone. thank you for that.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**
                    "I never sleep on planes. I don't want to get incepted"

Comment

Sorry about that!

Originally posted by Panegyric View Post
                      I'm having a tough day today and you've all made me feel less alone. thank you for that.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**
                      "I never sleep on planes. I don't want to get incepted"

Comment

Practical solution re: shopping

I hate to shop, but love to cook. I can shop, MS doesn't prevent me from doing so, but I find it a huge time-sink. If you live in a part of the country that has Stop & Shop, check out their Peapod delivery program. It's a real lifesaver. I buy *everything* there, including organic products. The only thing I have to buy myself is produce and I buy that at my local Farmers' Market or at Whole Foods.

Comment

Working...
                        X