Gastroparesis and MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gastroparesis and MS

Was wondering if anyone here has both MS and Gastroparesis? Probably not, but I sure would like to meet and chat with some people in the same situation.

I never thought I would say this, but MS pales in comparison to Gastroparesis. I hope I just did not offend anyone.

It is incurable, just like MS. There are two meds...which usually fail. And very little for symptom management. Like having a severe case of stomach flu 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.

Dietary Management helps, but it is hit or miss on nutrition.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

healthboards/boards/digestive-disorders/523603-gastroparesis-please-share

patientslikeme.com/conditions/395-gastroparesis
    experienceproject/groups/Have-Gastroparesis/97958

disabilitysanctuary/forum/index.php?threads/gastroparesis.10099/

patient/forums/discuss/gastroparesis--185903

None of the above sites identify as a multi-diagnosis forum, but there might be some folks with MS on the Gastroparesis forums that have MS also.

Comment

I have Gastritis and IBS along with my MS and some other stuff. Somewhere in the archives is a post about intestinal and gastric problems and it talks about how common those things are with MS. I've "met" a lot of people here who have these problems. You're really not alone. Sorry. Not much help, but I do understand.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Hi Katie, Glad to see you posting, but sorry that your update is still challenging. I don't have the problem that you have and can only imagine how difficult it must be.

I also have multiple issues that I'm dealing with. I have arthritis really bad, doctors have not pinned down the exact type, but is in the family of Psoriasis arthritis, AS, or other. Recently diagnosed with dystonia, which super sucks!! My spasms have spasms, more intense than anything that I would have ever imagined, My mris show multiple herniated disk starting in my neck, really makes it challenging to figure out if my arm pain is from my neck or MS. blah!

I am sharing some of my story, just to let you know that I somewhat understand from a management point of view.

I will continue to think of you and pray for you. I hope that you are able to set thoughts of your struggles go away enough each day that you can get lost in the beautiful view, your fur babies and the rest of your family.

Are you still quilting? I would love to see a picture of your work?

Comment

Gastroparesis

I was diagnosed over ten years ago but only just diagnosed with PPMS. Do not use Reglan as there are severe side effects. I use Motillium which can be purchased from Canada. It helps me tremendously has virtually no side effects because it does not cross the blood-brain barrier like Reglan.

Comment

Working...
          X