Please give your opinion on my mri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please give your opinion on my mri

Multiple supratentorial hyperintense lesions. Left frontal subcortical 10 x 5mm stable, faint high signal in same image stable. left frontoparietal periventicular lesions and several right are overall stable. New triangular large lesion in left temporal periatrial white matter 13 x 10mm low signal. Small callosal lesions are present w/o significant callosal atrophy.

What are your thoughts? Are there any symptoms that you know of or have personally experienced from these lesions?

I am trying to figure out why I'm having these symptoms.

Originally posted by Tia1 View Post
    I am trying to figure out why I'm having these symptoms.
    What symptoms? All of your symptoms in general, or certain symptoms in particular?

The radiology report does a pretty good job of supporting why you have symptoms in general. And it says you have a new large lesion. 13mm is about 1/2-inch across. That certainly can explain some new symptoms.

Comment

Worse symptoms are severe facial pain, Spasms, also lack of focus and attention to detail is a huge effort for me. I can do it, but it is so hard lately.

Comment

The new, big lesion might have something to do with more difficulty with attention and focusing. But it wouldn't be expected to cause your facial pain.

Are you satisfied with how you're handling your facial pain? If not, it could be worthwhile to go back to the neurologist of your choice and make your facial pain the one and only reason for your appointment. It's easy for individual issues to be slid over if they're presented to a doctor in a big bundle of symptoms to figure out. But a single issue is more likely to get proper attention.

More likely isn't a guarantee. You'll have to decide in advance what you want the neuro to do and then advocate for yourself and stick with it until you get what you want or you have a technical understanding of why what you want isn't the right choice for you. And then stick to it until you've been through Plan B and Plan C. But you have to have thought your choices through before you go so you don't have to make a snap decision that can cause you to leave the appointment without getting your issue taken care of.

Have you decided what you want to do about your facial pain?

Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback Jreagan.

My Facial pain is controlled at the moment. I don't know if this could fall under the category of a relapse or not, but for the last few days it has completely resolved. I definitely need a plan for when/if the pain comes back, because I can't tolerate the level of pain. It is awful!!

The way that I managed it before is I added gabapentin on my own and added tylenol to my medication. It seemed to help a lot OR it ran its course. Even the thought of it coming back makes me sick.

It will be at the top of my list when I see the doctor again. I'm seeking a second opinion to figure out what is going on with me. I had a c-spine and t-spine also done. My arm and hand pain can be explained by a slipped disk in my neck that is mildly abutting the cord and is flattening the nerve c3-4 and 5. So I will be addressing that as well. There were no lesions.

I wonder if the facial pain should be considered a flair?

Comment

Working...
          X