Relapses or just feeling awful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relapses or just feeling awful?

I have a feeling that I have had many relapses over the years but didn't recognize them. I never reported all the bad stuff that has come along. So maybe I should have been in the hospital or at least in the doctor's office. I just kept it to myself and assumed I was just "not feeling good".

I can't count the number of times I felt like something was really wrong, but I just kept plugging away, doing the best I could.

Now I'm in a permanent "feeling bad" mode. It never gets any better any more. I used to be given 3 or 4 "good" days a month. Not anymore!

So keeping this from my neuro is probably the reason she thinks I've "burned out". I never thought of this before. My last appointment (last week) she never asked any questions and I never asked any or mentioned my problems, except for the fatigue.

Does anyone think I might be thinking right here? Could I have brought this worsening on myself by not complaining?
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I Don't Think It Would Have Helped

I have been dx for about 3 1/2 years and have never gone to my neuro except for my regularly scheduled appointments. I have also felt terrible many times over the years but since the only way to resolve this is usually steroids I saw no point in going to the neuro.

It is almost impossible for me to know if I have a "bug", MS symptoms that are worse or a side effect of my medicine. I have gone to my GP for several reasons; most important was my 40 pound weight loss. I have been thoroughly checked by him and the health issues have (hopefully) been resolved.

But like you I feel really bad every day. Relentless dizziness, and other common MS sx but worse it that when I eat I feel sick most of the time. I hate that worse than anything. My neuro says it isn't MS related and he is happy that I am stable. Even he can't see how being stable doesn't match how I really feel.

I am sorry you don't have good days anymore. I have started Mindfulness Meditation. There are
    some good apps for phones and I am hoping it will help me have a better coping mechanism for this illness.

Comment

Originally posted by loopey View Post
      I have been dx for about 3 1/2 years and have never gone to my neuro except for my regularly scheduled appointments. I have also felt terrible many times over the years but since the only way to resolve this is usually steroids I saw no point in going to the neuro.

It is almost impossible for me to know if I have a "bug", MS symptoms that are worse or a side effect of my medicine. I have gone to my GP for several reasons; most important was my 40 pound weight loss. I have been thoroughly checked by him and the health issues have (hopefully) been resolved.

But like you I feel really bad every day. Relentless dizziness, and other common MS sx but worse it that when I eat I feel sick most of the time. I hate that worse than anything. My neuro says it isn't MS related and he is happy that I am stable. Even he can't see how being stable doesn't match how I really feel.

I am sorry you don't have good days anymore. I have started Mindfulness Meditation. There are
      some good apps for phones and I am hoping it will help me have a better coping mechanism for this illness.

Loopey thank you for responding. First let me say my mother was from Termini Imerese in Sicily.

I was beginning that no one understood what I was saying or had the same kind of problems. It's always good to know someone else knows how it is and understands.

One of my very first and worst symptoms was the dizziness. Had a very bad time with it a couple days ago. Comes and goes often. No, I've decided I'm not going to run to the doctor for everything. She took me off the shots anyway and never offered anything else. I have many other illnesses which share symptoms with MS so I never really know what I'm dealing with.

Hope you see some better days soon.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
      X