Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 4/28/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 4/28/16

Hi Everyone. It’s that time again. I hope you are all giving yourselves kudos for continuing to chip away those unwanted pounds. I find that I am more determined at certain times and I am not always sure why. It is not unusual to feel a gamut of emotions about the journey to lose however much one wants to lose. When the process is going well it can seem like what’s the big deal, that is until things change and one’s goal is not as strong. At such times it is a good idea to step back and focus on exactly why you began the journey in the first place. My major goal is health especially now that I am older and regretting not having watched my food choices when younger. I learned that my birth grandmother (I was adopted as an infant) had diabetes in her waning years and I don’t want that to happen to me. All reasons for losing are important and we must keep in mind the goals that drive us. Best wishes to all who are continuing the process.

Yippee. I lost a pound this week so weigh 114.5. I hope I can continue the trend. I still want to get down to 113. I will try to lose half a pound this week.

Agate, terrific. You remain your old stalwart self. I am sure remembering your major success at losing a lot of weight is a comfort to you and an inspiration not to regain. Even if you don’t lose any more you are in really good shape. I’m so sorry about your injury still causing you considerable pain. It’s good you are in physical therapy. Good luck with your new exercise peddler.

Mamabug, good for you for continuing to lose. I guess my bikini comment was of no help. How about an attractive bathing suit for the mature woman. I am sure as the scale goes down you are pleased about how you look in whatever you wear. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, excellent weight loss for which you should be very proud. That is a good idea about weighing and measuring which brings one back to reality. You are right. Stress at work can act against our weight loss efforts. I wish the best for you with that challenge.

Poohb3ar, I am sure you are having a wonderful time with your grandbaby’s visit. We will miss you and will look forward to your return after Mother’s Day. Good luck with focusing on portion sizes. You can’t go wrong there.

Msgijo, so sorry ro miss you this week and hope you are doing well.

Abidingjones, sorry to miss you again this week. I do hope you are O.K. Do let us know.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Fire Up Your Food — And Your Metabolism
    Rev up your metabolism with chili peppers! Research conducted at Perdue University found that adding spicy ingredients like cayenne pepper, hot peppers, or hot sauce to meals can help suppress appetite and even stoke your metabolic fire a bit. When dieters who didn't normally eat spicy foods ate a soup seasoned with cayenne pepper for lunch they ate 60 fewer calories at their next meal AND burned an extra ten calories (it's a small amount, but over time it adds up!). Try adding chopped hot peppers to scrambled eggs, salads, or make a spicy sandwich spread by mixing a generous shot of hot sauce into hummus or low-fat mayo.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

3.7 pounds by two members. Wonderful. We continue to show steady progress in overall weight loss goals. Thank you for being our inspirations in meeting our goals.

Total Gain:

1 pound by one member. I must confess. It is I. Admitting gains truly is an important process in one’s weight loss program. It increases the probability that a loss will be a reality soon.

Stayed the same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3848.7 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Still crazy busy at work. Fighting off fatigue today which makes it hard not to snack on all the goodies that were brought in for "Bring Your child to work day." So far I have only had a serving of chips and salsa, so it certainly could have been worse!

I'm down 1.6 lbs this week from 213.6 to 212. I'm with you Karen in that some season I just feel more motivated to lose than others. I'm pretty sure I'm entering one of those seasons!! And I'm totally going to take advantage of it while I can!

Comment

Gained 4 lbs

Frustrated! Don't know what happened. Has creeping, or sometimes, jumping, up this week. I've tried eating less. I've tried eating more, to be sure I'm getting enough. Aaack!

Monthly weights:
      12/31: 134.6 lbs
      01/28: 132.6 lbs
      02/25: 131.6 lbs
      3/31: 132.6 lbs

April weights:
      4/7: 132.4 lbs
      4/14: 129.6 lbs
      4/21: 129.2 lbs
      4/28: 133.6 lbs

Lost 1.0 lbs since 12/31.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm back - for right now anyways . Have had a very eventful couple of weeks - lesion removed from arm which turned out to be skin cancer, MRI after having to wait over an hour after appointment time , tooth extracted (first ever) , granddaughter visit , volunteer activities a couple of days and lets not forget that DH is going back to work next week so I am also going with him to final doctor / PT visits and helping him finish the projects that he started on his time off from work.

For myself I purchased 4 new chicks and have added them to my 'have to do' duties. I have not been able to do much more yard work, watering all that I had already planted is all that I have had time for lately.

I managed to loose 1.4 pounds.
        4/14 137.9
        4/28 136.5

Karen - From last weeks tip, Yes, portions are very important. When DH thought that it would be a good idea to follow a meal plan and adjust his portions we invested in measuring cups, and he was appalled at how "little" he was suppose to eat . Of course he was measuring only what he wanted to eat vs eating the things that he should (vegs, fruits etc.).
        For this weeks tip, I would use more 'hot' stuff but DH opposes that idea, and my stomach isn't as happy about it as it was in the past .

Wishing everyone a loosing week .

Comment

Maintaining at 116 still.

I saw an article about a place where people go to lose weight. It sounds like an interesting idea for anyone who's interested--though it may cost a pretty penny:

I haven't been there and don't know the people running it. I hope that this won't seem like an ad for them!

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
          X