stupid things people say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid things people say

I try to stay positive even though my MS keeps me home a lot. I cannot transfer without help so am dependent on caregivers or family to help me. I get very frustrated when people are complaining to me about how busy they are and they can't get everything done. Don't they realize that I would love to be busy and they are lucky to have good health and be as busy as they are?

Sending (hugs)

Most people don't realize what or how many blessings they have. It is unfortunate, but even in our circumstances, there are people that would love to have the life that we have.

Let's face it, a large part of the world would love to have clean water and food to eat. Our struggles affect us and sometimes it really sucks, but then I try to remember that there is so much that I don't realize either.

I hope that you remain that positive person and encourage others to enjoy what they have. I hope that we all can enjoy the little things that we do have. I'm learning perspective is important!

Comment

Yes "there is always someone else worse off than me", that little saying helped me a lot when I was in hospital for 3 and 1/2 months, when I was 15 with a tutor on my pituitary gland that was 37 years ago, we always think about our self and our own little world, its just natural so don't be too hard on others Craig

Comment

Originally posted by dastardly View Post
        Yes "there is always someone else worse off than me", that little saying helped me a lot when I was in hospital for 3 and 1/2 months, when I was 15 with a tutor on my pituitary gland that was 37 years ago, we always think about our self and our own little world, its just natural so don't be too hard on others Craig
        You're right and I am grateful for what I have. I think I was just having a bad day and wasn't up to hearing a " poor me" story from someone with no health concerns. I usually realize that things could be a whole lot worse for me and others would gladly trade places with me. I'll try to get back to my usually happy self. Thanks.

Comment

for those of us who view the glass as half full, we realize many of the things that we have. It brings to mind "you don't know what to have until it is gone" I don't know who said this, but how true it is.
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
          X