Lymphocytosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lymphocytosis

Had a routine blood test for my avonex last week. Had not had one for a year or so. I got phoned up by my gp to be told I had a lymphocytosis of 13,000. I have not got an infection currently, my neurologist is away and I can not find if this can be a common side effect of the avonex. Go surgery closed. I am not even sure whether to skip tomorrow's injection. I am convincing myself I have something else wrong with me.....

Hi Anne,

The opposite, lymphopenia, is listed as one of the common side effect of Avonex, not lymphocytosis. http://www.drugs.com/sfx/avonex-side-effects.html

Was your gp concerned about that number? As far as infections, I've had UTIs that weren 't symptomatic, until I noticed my MS was acting up or I had a fever. If your gp wasn't concerned, I wouldn't be either, at this point. (I know, easier said than done). I believe that' s considered mild lymphocytosis? (But, I'm not a doctor). Hopefully, your numbers will fall back into the normal range when you have your next blood work done. (Maybe within the next 30 days, if not sooner)

Sorry you couldn't reach your doctors in regards to whether or not you should take your injection. Wondering if you did? Best of luck and please keep us updated.
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
    X