Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update and Some Thoughts

Hello MSWorld

I would like to thank everyone who read and answered my last two posts concerning the death of my little guy and my two hospital visits.

An update: I do have a cardiac issue...that is the bottom line. It is called a Prolonged QT Interval. It is most likely hereditary and I am undergoing genetic testing for it. If it's genetic I'm going to have to get the boys tested too. I had a heart issue as a child and it seems they overlooked something back in the 70s. LOL.

Is it serious? Yes. Can it be cured? No. Can it be treated? Yes.

Although having a cardiac issue is scary I'm not sure it's a scary as it would've been had I not had MS. And by the way this is not MS related. And if I would ever die from this prolonged QT interval...death is immediate I would not even know it's happening. That is a blessing .

So here I am just turned 53 years old I have MS, I have gastroparesis, and now I have a cardiac issue. Of the three issues I would say gastroparesis (caused by MS) is the worse closely followed by MS itself. But because of the cardiac issue I now know that tomorrow is never guaranteed.

I have always been a person that just lives for the day. If it's a good day I do something fun. If it's a bad day well then I'm stuck in the house. And when I'm stuck in the house I try to find things to do. Reading a good book, watching television , or quilting. And every once in a while a friend stops by to see how I'm doing and we chat for a while.

And every once in a while I whine and cry it helps short-term.

This is not the life that I envisioned for myself. But it's the only one I have. So I have to try to make the most of it. Worrying about it will only make it worse. Complaining about it will just take up valuable time. So I learn to live with it. And I count my blessings as they come along.

For those of you that are feeling good today please stop surfing the Internet and do something fun whatever that may be. And for those not feeling very well today... Tomorrow might be better. Live for the day.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Hello Katie, I am so sorry you now have something else to add to your health issues. You have certainly been thru to much already.

Thank you for the inspiration.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Yes; Katie. You ARE an inspiration. Your positive attitude, in the midst of your challenges, is something we should all learn to cultivate.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Katie,

Sorry to hear about your cardiac diagnosis, as if gastroparesis and MS weren't enough! I hope it's not something you passed onto your boys ....

My cousin died from the same heart condition, no clue she even had it. Fell asleep on the couch one day, never woke up. Her husband who had already gone to bed, found her when he woke up a short time afterwards. Blamed himself for not being there to wake her up sooner, something was said that could've put her heart back into rhythm ... no idea if that was even possible. She was young (still in her 20s), left behind 4 little ones. Small comfort to those left behind - she was holding a teacup she'd inherited from our grandmother, that was kept on display.

Good to know you are making the most of each day, despite what you've been dealt with. It's more than your fair share. Thank you for your update, and your words of wisdom. Tomorrow is not a given, for anyone.

Hugs
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Katie
          As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am amazed at your attitude! You truly are an inspiration. Keep fighting, Katie.
          Kim-Mastro

Comment

Katie,

So sorry to hear of all you have gone through. I understand your statement of this not being the life you had imagined.

Hope that new puppy in your life is bringing you some joy!

Thank you for reminding us to do what we can, when we can. I woke up today feeling "okay" so I will get off the computer and head outside.

Peace,
            Jackie
            Meet me in a land of hope and dreams. -Bruce Springsteen

Comment

if there was a reward for having to deal with lifes challenges, you would be a millionaire many times over!and you would still have a good attitude!
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Katie for all that you been through you have a great attitude.

You have a new puppy and he will stick by you no matterwhat and give tons of love

Take Care

Shoo
                Shoo

Comment

Working...
                X