Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for positivity- nerve pain

Hello all,
    diagnosed with RRMS recently and have been on Gilenya for approx one month with nil side effects. What led to my diagnosis was severe thigh pain (burning/pins & needs/electric shocks). I dealt with the pain for 3 months, was treated with IV steroids for 3 days and another 3 months have passed.

Every day I am still struggling with burning pain, it is constantly there and a distraction in life. I also have atrophy in my right leg.

I know that at some point this will be permanent nerve pain, if not already. Has anyone ever had nerve pain subside after a lengthy period of time? Just wanted to see if there's any hope. I've also been prescribed lyrica. Was hesitant to take it due to the side affects but have been taking 25mg twice a day that has not provided any relief

Hi Harry

To answer your question, most definitely yes. It may take some time but the pain generally does subside. I had nerve pain exactly as you are describing and I tried lyrica - it did nothing for me. I then was prescribed co codamol and voila! no more pain.

Please don't give up hope, even the word hopeless has hope in it LOL. My experience with this obnoxious disease is that symptoms come and go, it is generally only when it progresses to the final stages that it becomes permanent. Or at least this is my understanding.

I highly recommend the co codomol, it really works wonders on the pain.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hello harry, I had burning pain in my left hand for months also, it did get better after a time. I still have burning pain in legs, feet and hand off and on now, unfortunately I have never found anything that helps. I am going to check out the med. choco just mentioned.

Wishing you well.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Hey Harry,

Well I can relate to your situation. Chronic leg pain was one of my first symptoms. The pain was so bad I couldn't concentrate on my or anything else. My doctor and tried everything, including Lyrica, all to no avail. The pain has never gone away but we have finally found something to control it. Even as I type this my legs are hurting but not so bad that I can't function.

That's a terrible position to be in but you need to work with your doctor to find something that works. Nobody should have to live in that kind of pain.

Good luck to you, I hop you find some relief soon!
        Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
        Babe Ruth

Comment

i have nerve pain and am so thankful that it has subsided. It is hard to deal with.

Comment

Working...
          X