STABBING PAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STABBING PAIN

Last night my DW and I were watching TV when suddenly out of nowhere I was hit with a stabbing pain in my left thigh. It felt as if someone was stabbing me with a knife and twisting it. It lasted for about 30 seconds then gradually disappeared. Needless to say my DW was freaking out. Bless her heart I felt so bad for her she wanted to help but she knew there was nothing she could do.

I've had them in the past but no to the degree it was last night and not lasting as long.

As anyone else experienced this type of pain?
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Hi Way

I recently had an extremely painful muscle spasm (out of the blue) too, only it was on my right thigh.

It hurt so very much, almost to the point of panic.

I 'kneaded' the area (like it was dough) for a few minutes, and the pain subsided, thankfully.

Did a few mild stretches of that leg to relax it further, and it never came back.

It was the worst spasm I have ever had, in 18 years with MS!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Me Too

I had the stabbing pain right in the middle of my chest. I thought it was a heart attack but now I think it was an esophageal spasm. It was horrible. And I was really terrified. It went away after a few minutes and I hope to NEVER go through it again!

Comment

Working...
      X