Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stem Cell & Multiple Sclerosis - exciting Phase 1 trial

Stem Cell & Multiple Sclerosis - exciting news

Dr. Saud A. Sadiq, Director and Chief Research Scientist at the Tisch MS Research Center of New York (Tisch MSRCNY) will be presenting on Tuesday, April 19, 2016, the extraordinary results from his FDA-approved stem cell clinical trial for MS at the American Academy of Neurology's 68th Annual Meeting in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Dr. Sadiq will deliver the highly anticipated news during a session titled "Remyelination and Repair in Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Data Blitz Presentations."

The presentation reveals data from the Phase I trial showing that the novel stem cell treatment was safe and well-tolerated with no serious adverse events reported. What's more, the cutting-edge protocol of this trial created at Tisch MSRCNY allowed for the delivery of brain-like neural cells within 30 minutes of harvesting, a technique not seen anywhere else in the world.

"Repair and regeneration is possible. We have a patient who no longer needs her cane, one who has transitioned from a motorized scooter to taking steps with a walker and another who has discontinued their bladder medication as those symptoms have dramatically improved. This is the first treatment that improves established disability in patients with progressive MS and shows us there is hope that a future treatment is possible," stated Dr. Saud A. Sadiq.

Due to these unprecedented results, the FDA has already advised Tisch MSRCNY to begin preparations for Phase II of this important trial to establish efficacy of stem cells as a reparative therapy. This is expected to commence at the end of 2016, once funding is secured.

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/pressrelease...#ixzz45ucMRcjQ

Thanks Marco!
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Wonderful news!
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Thanks, Marco ! This is a 'breath of fresh air' ! I have been starving for this for several months ! I can hardly wait for the phase II trials to commence ! Bring it on ! Bang a gong!! lol

Comment

Thank you for sharing Marco
          Hope abounds
          Linda

Comment

now I cannot waitfor Tuesday to hear the results! Thank you Marco
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN