Dizziness is so annoying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dizziness is so annoying

Does anyone get dizzy when you look down (bend your head forward)? Sometimes looking up does it, but I get more of the dizzies when I look down. I got down on my knees to pet my cat today (getting down is a major accomplishment at 65 anyway) and felt all woozy/dizzy. Not the first time.

I wondered about my blood pressure. It's usually good to just a little higher. I have terrible White Coat Syndrome so my b/p goes way up at any doctor appointment. But I check it at home and it's usually good. My sciatica is kicking up today and one finger is feeling a little numb. So, putting all this together ... does anyone else get dizzy looking down??
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Hi Marti,

If you just look down, do you get dizzy? Or is it when you also lower your body, like kneeling to see your cat.

Some people have changes in their blood pressure when they go thru sitting, standing, kneeling, postural changes. There is a medical term for it, but I forget. The key is to change positions slowly.

Medications often cause dizziness as well.

Depending on cause, vestibular therapy can help. It forces you thru the motions that cause dizziness so you can build resistance to it. It helps me with head turning motions, left/right, up/down. It also helps with eye movements for me, when head stays steady, but eyes move.

But if postural changes cause the dizziness, I think it is a different thing.

Good luck and be careful.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I echo what Pennstater suggested about vestibular therapy. I had horrific dizziness following my first MS flare, well before I was diagnosed or anybody knew what I had. The dizziness was so disabling, that, for months, I was off work and mostly in the recliner because, even sitting upright triggered the dizziness to the point of vomiting.

What finally worked was my physical therapist. She had had one class in her training that taught vestibular therapy, although she'd never needed to use it in her work thus far. She dug out her old text books and was able to teach me to re-train my brain to tolerate those motions that triggered the dizziness.

Ask your physician for a referral to a physical therapist with knowledge or experience in vestibular therapy.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Yup!

I do! I get very dizzy when I look up or tilt my head back. Its very annoying and feels awful.
        DX 2005 RRMS. Did 2nd round of Lemtrada Jan 2018. DX SPMS 2019

Comment

Thank you all so much. I did forget to mention that I get dizzy when I lay back sometimes. And when I take Gabapentin I am usually off all the next day. But, I have to say it helps me when my mouth is hurting and I have all the burning pain in my back etc. I just hate taking medicine.
          Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
          X