MRI RESULTS AFTER FLARE ARE IN..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI RESULTS AFTER FLARE ARE IN..

On the bright side there are no new lesions showing up on my brain. However, the lesion in my left temporal lobe has doubled in size in less than 3 months. I have no idea what that could mean.

Also there were no enhanced lesions which I expected. There was no change in the other lesions that are scattered throughout the white matter.

So other than the growing lesion I guess all is well.

Does anyone know what it could mean for a lesion to double in size in such a short period of time? I am very curious to know.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Did they just do a brain scan or did they also do a spinal MRI? If not, I would love to know rationale for just the brain.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

This one was just a brain scan. I had a brain and spinal scan in December after my last flare. The spinal scan showed no lesion activity. I find that odd because my biggest symptom is significant difficulty walking. But then again maybe it's not odd maybe I'm just odd.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

I had similar results with my last MRI. One lesion on my spine improved and one on my pons got larger. No word from the doctor. I see him this summer and will discuss the MRI with him at that time. I'm currently on Plegridy and will most likely not change unless something dramatic happens. My dr has already threatened to take me off of all DMTs due to side effects.

Sorry I can't answer your question. I was hoping that someone would have some good advice since I have a similar problem.

Comment

Did they do cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine or just cervical in December? A lot of people just have cervical spine MRIs but the thoracic and lumber lesions can affect your legs more. I've had pretty stable brain MRIs but, surprise, surprise, once they started doing my whole spine (sometimes more than 3 hours in the MRI), new lesions and flares were found which correlated with my symptoms.

Sorry, I'm not sure what the enlarging lesion indicates.

Hope things stabilize for you.

Comment

We all know that MRIs are not able to pick up all activity. I do find it odd that no spinal MRI was done when relapse suspected.

I am not sure what could cause the lesion growth. As for walking difficulty, my understanding is that it can be spinal lesions, but also could be how signals are interpreted in brain, that the message is getting distorted.

Hope someone with more knowledge comes along to help you both.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
            X