Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in the hospital again

And I am sad...

Have had heart palps the last month. They are thinking the TY induced Anemia is rearing its ugly head...but have to still go through the whole cardiac workup.

My oldest dog is dying and I am sad about that too.

My hospital roomate who is having cardiac issues too was asked by the doctor if her heart gave out would she want medical intervention. She thought about it and said...no. She is 56. Three years older than me. That made me sad.

Life is hard....for everyone I think.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Katie,

So sorry to hear about another hospital stay. It just seems like you can't catch a break. Here's hoping it's a short one.
    We had our last dog put to sleep in January. It was probably the hardest one we've ever had to do. I realized a few years into MS that dogs were no longer realistic, so giving up any more dogs in the future has had me grieving Bailey's death ever since.
    I admire the decision of your roommate. It takes so much strength to make such a decision. If I ever find myself in the same position, I hope I can be as strong.
    I wish you all the best on this Easter weekend and a quick return home.

Kris

Comment

Oh Katie, I am so sorry for all you are going through. But continue to "listen to your inner voice" as it will guide you through this most challenging time. I believe you are listening, you wrote to us...right?

Not sure why they placed you in inpatient for high heart rate, unless it is impacting on your heart functioning, is it?

Remember, there is an answer and relief waiting for you. We're here for you, I am. So I am sending you some hope, more strength to get you through this time of monitoring and testing.

Hugs to you, hon, hang in there!
      Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

We're here for you, I am. So I am sending you some hope, more strength to get you through this time of monitoring and testing.

(((KATIE)))
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I am so sorry to hear. I hope you get a quick answer and under control. Hugs to you. Our dog is now at the average lifespan for his breed. I can imagine your heartache.

Prayers are with you.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Really feel for you Katie.

Have the doctors considered that this could be another relapse? Although one of the more rare things (I think), a lesion in just the right spot in the brain stem can cause some quite horrible heart issues.

I had what has (for now) been put down to MS induced heart issues over Christmas with a resting heart rate well over 130 and felt really terrible. As it was summer down under, the hot days were just murder.

Best wishes

Poppy

Comment

Dang it. It's not supposed to be like this.

I hope you can recover and get released quickly. The hospital is a terrible place to be ...

Comment

Sorry about your dog, Katie.
                Sorry you're in hospital again, too. You're a brave, strong woman -you can deal.

In our local Aged Care facility, if you have DNR tattooed on you somewhere, you can go peacefully into that good night. No need to rage against the dying of the light.

Unless you want to.

This is going to sound really weird, but I am finding the experience of sickness and increasing disability kind of fascinating.

How other people react to changes in your condition and how you work out ways to cope.

I was so stubborn about asking for help. I've found ask and ye shall receive is true.

You'll pull through, Katie.

Comment

((((Katie))))

This makes me sad, I am sorry

Hoping you're doing better soon.
                  Diagnosed 1984
                  “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

So sorry

Katie,
                    I am so very sorry that you are in the hospital again. As the others have said, we care. I hope that it is a short stay and you will keep us posted on your progress. With love,
                    Loopey

Comment

Thinking of you and your dear pup.
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      Anonymous

Comment

Stay strong

Sometimes it is difficult to rise above our own predicament… Plus that which we see around us. We can't change everything… Only our own attitude toward what is happening to us.
                        Easier said than done!
                        Good luck to you :-)

Comment

Ugh...((((Katie)))

Stuff happens, but this is too, too much! Hospitals are such crappy places and I am praying you get "fixed" soon and you get yourself back home.

So sorry to hear about your dog. My animals mean everything to me. I go off the deep end when a fish dies!

I wish I lived closer do I could visit you (complete with a stupid card and an ugly balloon). Keep us posted...we care.
                          Tawanda

Comment

Katie, I am sorry and I am praying for you. I am sorry about your fur baby, how long have you had her? How is the puppy doing?

Comment

I am so very sorry and sad to hear you've landed in the hospital again, Katie. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog's health too. I'm sending prayers for you both and I hope you recover quickly!

Hugs and a dozen spring flowers to your room to help brighten your spirits
                              Seasha
                              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                              X