Leg Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg Pain

I'm having some leg pain after I need to be on my feet for several hours. I take Tramadol. It works great but it gives me severe insomnia. Codeine does the same thing. Can any of you recommend a pain reliever that may not cause insomnia? Tylenol, Advil, and OTC pain relievers do not help with the pain. I tried Baclofen last night. I slept great but woke up with leg pain.

Me Too

I have the same problem Kat so i"ll be watching for the answer also . I have not found anything yet but am waiting fore MMJ to see if it works ...

Comment

Hi Kat:

Which drugs have you talked to your doctor about and which other ones have you tried?

Originally posted by KatW View Post
      Tylenol, Advil, and OTC pain relievers do not help with the pain.
      That sounds typical of nerve pain. Instead of trying to treat nerve pain on the back end, have you talked with your doctor about treating the overly excited nerves on the front end? That is, treat the underlying cause of the pain first? There are numerous options for that -- any of the anti-epilepsy/seizure meds (gabapentin, carbamazepine, topiramate, etc.) or other classes that work similarly (pregabalin, duloxetine, etc.) A lot of people are on a combination of baclofen and gabapentin to relieve pain from nerves and muscle spasticity and are able to sleep.

Comment

I take Lyrica, and it has always worked for me without any side affects at all. Talk to your doctor about this as it is routinely used for MS and/or diabetes.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

leg pain

Leg pain is my biggest problems. I take baclofen, zanaflex on a regular basis. I also take gabapentin, 1800 MG a day, tegretol 300 MG and on days like today when the pain is excruciating I take hydrocordone.

Sometimes I wonder when will this let up a little bit. Still waiting.

Went shopping for a dress for my son's wedding in April, after 2 stores, short visits, I called my son to come get me cause I just couldn't take the pain anymore. Came home and ordered a dress online.

MS SUCKS!

Do what works best for you. Switch and combine meds if necessary.

Good Luck!
          DIAGNOSED=2012
          ISSUES LONG BEFORE
          REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

I take Baclofen 3x/day. I had an adjustment period, as it made me sleepy. But after about 3-4 days, OK with it. The steady dosage keeps me from experiencing break thru pain. If it worked for you, but then you woke up, it could be the dosage is not right.

Hope you find something.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hi guys i take targin slow release morphine 20/10 morning and 10/5 night this works well for me tried the 20/10 morning and night but felt like a zombie hope you find something that works for you Craig

Comment

Working...
              X