There are 70 separate forums on MSWorld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are 70 separate forums on MSWorld

A little organization is a good thing, but I think you've overdone it.

Counting sub-forums, there are at least 70 different forums to post in and look at.

I find this frustrating. It is so divided up that there are only a few posts daily, if any, in each forum. If you just want to see what's new you have to go into each one. It seems like aren't getting views and answers because they are hard to find.

Posting activity seems to be down, maybe this is contributing to it.

Try this:

1. Go to your black task bar near the top of your page.
    2. Put your curser on the arrow by FORUM.
    3. There are two option here that work well:
      • Either click on NEW POSTS
      • Or scroll down to QUICK LINKS and click on TODAY'S POSTS. (I like this option better.)

Glad you shared your frustration. You've been doing it the hard way. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 03-18-2016, 12:23 PM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I agree with kmallory1 and had considered addressing this myself.

Once up on time MSWorld was busy enough to sustain the different forums as the General Q&A forum moved so quickly threads needed to be "bumped up." This doesn't seem to be the case any longer.

I believe it's become very easy to overlook some of the threads/posts due to the large selection of forums. With some of the subforums, such as "MS Symptoms" there is an area below which people also post in and sometimes gets very little activity. This can cause a thread to go unanswered as looking below the designated "symptoms" doesn't always happen.

Less clutter may be more beneficial.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Kmallory1, I agree with you. There are a lot of categories, l liked it a few years ago when there were less.

Generally, I check this board daily, however I rarely 'login'. In order to view the 'new posts' (use the feature), I have to log in. It may seem trivial, but it takes time and often I'm just taking a look when I have a minute not a chunk of time.

Also, unless I'm digging for certain info, I'm not apt to go to the categories that don't apply to me on a given day. Consequently, I'm sure I miss tidbits of info that might be useful. Sometimes posts are placed in the 'general' category and later moved, I appreciate when we're given notice when a post is moved because if it looks interesting, I can navigate to the thread (a thread I might not otherwise go to) and check it out.
        Symptoms 8/09. Dx 1/10. Avonex 2/10 - 1/11. Copaxone 2/11 to 5/13. Tecfidera 5/13 to 2/15. Gilenya 12/15 to current.

Comment

Thanks for the tip about new posts, Mamabug. I've never seen that option.

But like Fairpace, I don't go through the login process every time I look at the board. Is there an option to stay logged in?

Comment

Originally posted by kmallory1 View Post
            Thanks for the tip about new posts, Mamabug. I've never seen that option.

But like Fairpace, I don't go through the login process every time I look at the board. Is there an option to stay logged in?
            You're welcome.

I often just leave my computer on and my windows open. But, I also checked a box, once, I think, to have my computer "save" my log in information, so I don't have to type my user-name and password each time. If you don't find that, let me know and I could find someone more "techie" than I am to help you.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I use the NEW POSTS feature - yes I do login and out each time I visit but it's a good snapshot of new posts since my last visit.

The only downside is that it does not list the forum the post is in like the previous version before the upgrade. Sometimes the post title is vague. I have requested that it be added.

Comment

Ummm...gotta agree. Once a thread is transferred off the general forum it appears to vaporize.

Of course you can't please all the people all the time, and most of these less populated boards were originally suggested by one of us members with nothing but the best intensions in mind.

Maybe time to condense some categories/thin the here/clean house?? At the end of the day, I am just happy to have a place to go to discuss MS as I can nowhere else.
                Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
                  Of course you can't please all the people all the time, ...
                  I guess that's true. I like the numerous forums. It makes it easier for me to find a place to go when I'm looking for posts regarding a specific topic. It's certainly easier than scrolling through the long list of General posts.
                  ~ Faith
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                    I guess that's true. I like the numerous forums. It makes it easier for me to find a place to go when I'm looking for posts regarding a specific topic. It's certainly easier than scrolling through the long list of General posts.
                    I would have to say that I am exactly the same. If I am in a hurry ( which I sometimes am), I like to go directly to the forum.but, as was said "you can't please everyone all the time"
                    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                    volunteer
                    MS World
                    hunterd@msworld.org
                    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Mamabug-- When I go to the forum arrow the list comes down but it disappears before I can click on one.
                      God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
                        Mamabug-- When I go to the forum arrow the list comes down but it disappears before I can click on one.
                        REG -- I sent a note to our tech person. Maybe they can help.
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

This board is very confusing, many yrs ago I used to come here and it was easier to get around. Now thier's to many different forums and it would probably take me all day to read everything. I can't even figure out how to start a thread where I want to ask a question. But then I'm not to great with a computer One of these days I"ll get it figured out.

Shoo
                          Shoo

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
                            When I go to the forum arrow the list comes down but it disappears before I can click on one.
                            Hi REG - sorry you are having this problem. I have trouble sometimes with this as well. What I do is hover my mouse (yes, I still use one) over New Posts and then quickly go to Today's Posts and click on that. Hard to explain, but many times I have to wiggle the mouse around a couple tries to get it to cooperate. This all started happening when we had our upgrade awhile back.

If this technique doesn't work for you, I'd suggest you email technicalsupport@msworld.org and perhaps they can offer something more.
                            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Shoo View Post
                              I can't even figure out how to start a thread where I want to ask a question. But then I'm not to great with a computer One of these days I"ll get it figured out.

Shoo
                              Hi Shoo -
                              To start a new thread, go to the forum in which you wish to ask your question.
                              Once there, towards the top (and right below the description of the forum), you will see on the upper left side a blue box that reads Post New Thread.
                              Click on that.
                              First you will need to put in a new title, then write in the main body (just like in email).
                              Once you are done, you click on Submit New Thread on the lower right hand side.
                              It will have to be read and OK'd by a moderator before it shows up.

I hope this helps
                              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                              X