Can't stop the UTIs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 22cyclist View Post
    i have basically had a UTI since January 2015. i can't get rid of them. They treat them I am healthy for a couple of days then boom I am falling down and unconcious in an ambulance due to a UTI again! This time they gave me low dose antibiotics to take to try to keep it at bay. Anyone else in this boat? I am tired of being hospitalized.
    I love the way you described it. The sound of the ambulance door closing and off I go to another stay at the hospital. For a few years I took 50 mg of Macrobid every day as a prophylactic attempt to control them. In 2015 they stopped working. The last time I was in the hospital they started me on Methanamine. It's not an antibiotic but changes the chemistry in your bladder. It's helped quite a bit but I'm still getting these monsters,

Haven't had the cystoscopy yet. Probably will soon but I doubt if that
    expensive, embarrassing and invasive test will show anything I don't already know.

You are not the only one

Comment

I've been treated with the low dose antibiotics too and it worked. I was also advised to take baking soda because my urine was too acidic and caused pain.

UTI's run in the women in my family. I'm wondering if the MS UTI treatment is different than the regular treatment. With my family, they treated with low dose antibiotics and cystoscopy with urethral dilation. Several women in my family had the cystoscopy and urethral dilation and it helped.

Hope all of you get this issue resolved. I know how painful and life altering it can be.

Comment

Hi all
        I had a battery check on my interstim this week. I am going to call the MRI hotline to get the latest information on MRIs. Also the NP said to help keep UTIs away, take 1000 mg Vitamin C in the am and pm with water as well as the cranberry extract supplement daily. I need to check with my neuro regarding the Vitamin C because I had once been told not to take it as it would aggravate the immune system. As I find more information, I will let you know.

Comment

Yes, I am on macrobid now for low dose abx.

How are you feeling?

Comment

Pappi UTIs

i have basically had a UTI since January 2015. i can't get rid of them. They treat them I am healthy for a couple of days then boom I am falling down and unconcious in an ambulance due to a UTI again! This time they gave me low dose antibiotics to take to try to keep it at bay. Anyone else in this boat? I am tired of being hospitalized.
            I am on low dose antibiotics for a year, now very bad yeast infection. What do you do about the yeast infections? I going to try and wean off the antibiotics and hope the UTI's do not come back.
            Patti

Comment

Working...
            X