Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to figure out new med please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to figure out new med please help!

I have taken beteseron- white blood count too low then took copaxone-heart palpitations now I have been on Avonex for 3 years. I constantly feel like I'm having a buzzing feeling all day everyday and my hair is falling out. I have 2 big spots of Alopecia. When I did research on it, Avonex is one med that causes it. So I'm going to my neuro next week and need to decide on new med. the pills always scared me with all the side effects but I feel like I need one with minimal side effects cause my neuro doesn't like the idea of no meds!! I'm 35 and do not want to feel bad everyday.

Hi-
    I was on Beta for 3 years. I just switched to Aubagio Feb. 2016. I am mad at myself for staying on the injections longer than I needed too. I too was scared of all the side effects I heard about, but I have mayve taken 20 doses of Aubagio and so far no side effects. Nothing (knock on wood). I like it too, b/c it is a once a day pill.
    Good luck.

Comment

Your Neuro won't keep you on a pill that has bad side effects. Luckily most are treatable and the they will be monitoring you more closely when you start. I would assume your Dr will be able to tell you when most of these side effects showed up in the clinical trial so you'll know when you have to look out for certain things. If I were you, I would try something new. alopecia is something I would find unacceptable.

Comment

Working...
      X