STILL FIGHTING THE VA OVER ENROLLMENT FOR THE CHOICE PROGRAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STILL FIGHTING THE VA OVER ENROLLMENT FOR THE CHOICE PROGRAM

What a cluster this is. I was just reading my previous post about the same subject.

I e-mailed my Neuro almost a month ago telling her I thought I was having another relapse. After 2 weeks she finally responded and asked me for documents that she should already have and should be able to get herself by making a phone call. This week will be a month since I started this and she has not even scheduled an appointment. In fact she said she wouldn't until I collected the documents she wanted.

IMO that's a bunch of crap. If a MS patient tells you they suspect a relapse an appointment should be scheduled NOW! What also angered me is she was supposed to leave a RX for me with a nurse in the Neurology Dept.. I drove 3 hours round trip and still don't have my RX. She never replied to my e-mail about the RX.

Since I still have no appointment I called the VA to get qualified for The Choice program. The man I talked to was totally clueless. I finally ended the conversation before I said something I shouldn't have said.

I then called Tri-West looking for suggestions. They suggested I talk to the Patient Advocate. So I will do that my next day off.

I know everyone knows how terrible this program is but I just had to vent.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Please look up my profile. In the interests block is my email address.

Send me an email and I'll try to point you in the correct direction. I cannot post email addresses in this thread because it would violate MSWorld rules.

Comment

Will do Marco. My e-mail contains the name of a national power football team.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

Babe Ruth

Comment

Marco

Let me know if you received my reply to your e-mail. I sometime have trouble with my e-mail on my phone.

Babe Ruth

Comment

Working...
        X